Villagers Arrested for Fishing with Electricity

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Villagers Arrested for Fishing with Electricity

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Battambang): According to the General Commission of the National Police, on April 21, 2021, at 4:30am, the District Police Inspectorate cracked down on illegal fishing and arrested 3 people at Tuol Ta Sat point, Ta Song village, Bay Damram commune, Banan district, Battambang province. The three men were using an electrical device to kill the fish.

According to the Banan District Police Officer, the three perpetrators of illegal fishing were:
1. Seng Saudy, male, 36 years old, living in Bot Sala Village, Chheu Teal Commune, Banan District.
2-Name is Lan Loun, alias Khnou, male, 35 years old, living in Ta Song village, Bay Damram commune, Banan district.
3-Name is Khon Chantha, alias Dwarf, Male, 33 years old, living in Ta Song Village, Bay Damram Commune, Banan District.

Currently, the three perpetrators of illegal fishing above have been educated and contracted not to repeat their crime by the Banan district police force.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Villagers Arrested for Fishing with Electricity

Post by pissontheroof »

No idea how to start a new topic here , been thru the mill research here to start a new topic
Glad to have recently here for electricity ,
I have notice today my electric bill is going per cubit whatever they callit , ok .
.. and the generator will only be on during certain hours during overall power outages , so i know i won’t run the air con on the generator , how does it affect my overall meter usage .? I guess during generator use times the “ house “ pockets the meter usage even tho you’re paying the whole bill .. is there a way to explain what’s up in that situation ?, need fans for sure and the electricity determines if the pump pumps water up etc..
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Villagers Arrested for Fishing with Electricity

Post by pissontheroof »

pissontheroof wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:05 pm No idea how to start a new topic here , been thru the mill looking to research here how to start a new topic

Glad to have recent topic here re: electricity ,

I have notice today my electric bill is going up per cubit whatever they callit , kilowatts - ok .
.. and the generator will only be on during certain hours during overall power outages , so i know i won’t run the air con on the generator , how does it affect my overall meter usage .? I guess during generator use times the “ house “ pockets the meter usage even tho you’re paying the whole bill to them they keep the part for them to pay thierselfs for generator ១🤷🏽‍♀️ ..
is there a way to explain what’s up in that situation ?
, need fans for sure and electricity to run the pump to pumps water up etc..
Couldn’t a moderater ( mod edit style ) put this in its own topic? Think up a title for me

I want to know how things work as far as meter usage ( not sure of what I need to know )
What happens when you are on generator power compared to “ normal “ electricity usage as far as the bill goes .
We have a generator and need it , we was just informed our meter usage amount is being billed more expensive :
..(3800 riel per kilowatt )now not sure if they mean always or just during generator use 🤷🏽‍♀️and the generator will only be on during certain hours ( to save gas for laters) when the electricity is off because the road crews here are cutting down or damaging the poles .🤔
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic