Recommended TV shows and series

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Re: Recommended TV shows and series

Post by hburns »

Few shows that I've enjoyed (ones I can remember right now anyway)

Ozark - A financial adviser drags his family from Chicago to the Missouri Ozarks, where he must launder $500 million in five years to appease a drug boss

Westworld - In a futuristic Western-themed amusement park, Westworld, the visitors interact with automatons. However, all hell breaks loose when the robots begin malfunctioning.

Billions - Chuck Rhoades, a sincere but ruthless US attorney, engages in an egoistic battle with hedge fund kingpin Bobby 'Axe' Axelrod as they try to outdo each other in the competitive financial market

Deadwood (just started it) - People flee to Deadwood, South Dakota, with the dream of getting rich. However, not everyone can survive the chaos and confusion the town has to offer due to the lack of law facilities.

Fargo - A disparate set of characters deal with a plethora of crimes in different time periods. The only thing they share in common is their connection to the Midwest, USA.

Black Sails - Black Sails is an American historical adventure television series set on New Providence Island and written to be a prequel to Robert Louis Stevenson's 1883 novel Treasure Island.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

agree with the above;
" dead wood" the movie brings the show to an end , DO NOT watch till u have seen the all the seasons.

catching up on shows i missed ages ago

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

Another that I can't believe I missed off my list. It's a great show.

Sneaky Pete - Giovanni Ribisi plays the role of Marius, a con man who tries to leave his old life behind by assuming the identity of his cell mate, Pete. While Pete's family doesn't have reason to suspect that he is not their long-lost loved one, they are a colorful group with their own secrets and lies that could make life as dangerous as the world Marius was hoping to escape. Marius must find a way to keep his lies from backfiring as he deals with unexpected situations that come his way. Executive producers include Graham Yost and Bryan Cranston
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Marty wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:17 am Excellent choices, Grand Barong. Though I'm only in Season 1, Animal Kingdom is right up there with Breaking Bad as my all-time fav TV show. The Aussie movie ain't no slouch either. Good to watch that first.....
I'm looking forward to the 2021 season :thumb:
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

This is thoroughly worth watching... on Netflix

Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

hburns wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:42 am
You clearly missed Breaking Bad .... right up there with The sopranino's in my top 3
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

Ozinasia wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:22 pm
You clearly missed Breaking Bad .... right up there with The sopranino's in my top 3
Didn't miss it. Assumed it had already been mentioned so didn't put it on my list. There are many others series too such as Money Heist but those were just the ones at the top of my head.

Curious what your other in the top 3 is?
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

The Thick Of It - satirizes the inner workings of modern British government, with the focus on the fictitious Department of Social Affairs and Citizenship, a rather broad title that allows many political themes and viewpoints to be introduced.

Very funny series with some excellent insults
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

hburns wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:58 pm
Ozinasia wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:22 pm
Didn't miss it. Assumed it had already been mentioned so didn't put it on my list. There are many others series too such as Money Heist but those were just the ones at the top of my head.

Curious what your other in the top 3 is?
Ozark number 3 I kinda liked el Dragon and unauthorized living probably only because I can understand a bit of Spanish . Also enjoyed better call saul waiting for the next series of that and Ozark
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Artisan »

Don't F**K with Cats: Hunting An Internet Killer
3 docu's (+/- 1hr each)
based on true events
pebbles&nightsky
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic