Leaving Cambodia due to the situation?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Leaving Cambodia due to the situation?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:35 pm how ur going to get to the place to get ur test, get back home, back to get the results, than get to the airport the next day
Authorisation to travel for the purpose of PCR testing, to be completed and signed by Sangkat

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:35 pm I wonder, as seeing flights still arriving , how they get to their hotel? also seems 2 flights from Seoul arrive after 10 pm>>
Same as they have been since quarantine was first introduced over a year ago, all arrivals are transported by bus directly to the quarantine hotel.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

nemo wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:30 pm Better sooner than later if you are sure
Wrong city, that was Saigon a few weeks later. This is Operation Eagle Pull.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Alexx
Tourist

Post by Alexx »

nemo wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:44 pm There are no buses, traffic is stopped at the sangkat and provincial borders.
Is it possible to drive by tuktuk there, in a single trip or taking several, passing sangkat borders on foot?

And back?

On Google maps, there are routes with no barricades so you can go far.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

From what im told there may be some drivers who already have a travel authorization for that particular day or maybe they have it for many days, so for me im going to advertise to see if there is anyone that can take me on a particular day. For the covid test, I may just cycle it using my covid appointment and i I think I should be fine.

There should be an EVA air flight to Taiwan at least once a week, it also looks like theirs quite a few flights. i bet most of the seats are empty though.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Matty9999 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:53 pm From what im told there may be some drivers who already have a travel authorization for that particular day or maybe they have it for many days, so for me im going to advertise to see if there is anyone that can take me on a particular day. For the covid test, I may just cycle it using my covid appointment and i I think I should be fine.

There should be an EVA air flight to Taiwan at least once a week, it also looks like theirs quite a few flights. i bet most of the seats are empty though.
Where can you go without the need for a covid test or quarantine on arrival.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Matty9999 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:53 pm From what im told there may be some drivers who already have a travel authorization for that particular day or maybe they have it for many days, so for me im going to advertise to see if there is anyone that can take me on a particular day. For the covid test, I may just cycle it using my covid appointment and i I think I should be fine.

Actually, many planes are getting full. That's what my travel agent told me anyway.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

atst wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:03 pm

Where can you go without the need for a covid test or quarantine on arrival.
From my understanding i need covid PCR test to leave the airport and to transit through Europe and enter any country, but presently the countries that are open to me are croatia, serbia, montenegro, albania, mexico, and now greece is opening, other than this, I know there must be a few others, but i was actually considering moving to one of these places anyway. Belarus used to be open but im not sure at the moment. There are few other places that miight opening soon. The Carribean also has islands open, at least for American citizens.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Bulgaria? I don’t know for sure, I’m just randomly throwing it in the mix.

One of the problems to be faced is knowing how easy or difficult it’s going to be to establish in a totally new country, without it spiralling into a major money drain for an indefinite period.

The exciting world of adventure and travel, braving the unknown. It’s the tedium and inconsistent constraints on Liberty that are getting to me, and all I’m doing is bouncing around Europe, hoping not to go more than 24hours without any real food, and knowing I won’t be getting home any time soon.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

One other note, most airports and countries allow you to transit through a country as long as dont leave the airport zone, obviously its easier if you dont leave immigration either, just transfer from one plane to another which is what ill be doing shortly. The only place im aware of thats not accepting transfers is the Philippines.
Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

Just to let you know, if you are still resident in the UK, you can isolate at home rather than paying for the isolation hotel. This isn't a fact that is widely reported but it is a fact. I think residency expires after 3 years consecutively out of the country or if you formally state to the authorities that you are no longer resident. Might be relevant.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic