Are your local food prices effected

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Are your local food prices effected

Post by atst »

Yesterday I sent $$$ to family in Prey Veng to buy rice and 20 kilo chicken/pork to put in our freezer just in case the one and only market closes. (they will probably invite friends around and have a party instead of leaving it in the freezer for safe keeping but can't say I didn't try.)
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

hearing from gf sister in Kep, 75% of things have gone up, especially meat, pork, chickens
vegetables even up 50%

seafood still affordable
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Public markets closed in SV
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:31 am Looks like the BA, MA and PhD in economics is coming in handy.

Economics....the science of explaining tomorrow why the predictions you made yesterday didn't come true today.
Oh thank god the chip supplies are holding strong.
:thumb:
beerlaodrinker
Expatriate
France

Post by beerlaodrinker »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:20 am hearing from gf sister in Kep, 75% of things have gone up, especially meat, pork, chickens
vegetables even up 50%

seafood still affordable
let them eat crab?
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

hake

monstra mihi bona!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

nemo wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:33 am Public markets closed in SV
Corporate supermarkets still open I presume
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

my local market (Phsar Samaki)

My mother has not reported any increases from her egg man nor the lady she always buys chicken fillets from. Her main veg lady seems un-affected but has reduced stock. red tomatoes are proving an elusive buy too. Fruit, while it appears there are less vendors than before the prices are the same or showing only a small increase.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Home top market is open, they are running short on milk and no large size water
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

my local market (Phsar Samaki)

My mother has not reported any increases from her egg man nor the lady she always buys chicken fillets from. Her main veg lady seems un-affected but has reduced stock. red tomatoes are proving an elusive buy too. Fruit, while it appears there are less vendors than before the prices are the same or showing only a small increase.
In Siem Reap?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic