Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Traveling in Times of Coronavirus

Post by Alex »

I'm definitely the impression that things are getting worse rather than better in many places at this point, despite all the vaccine euphoria.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

Alex wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:50 pm I'm definitely the impression that things are getting worse rather than better in many places at this point, despite all the vaccine euphoria.
A tremendous level of fear and remaining restrictions/paranoia, perhaps warranted, about variants and such. Places like the US and UK are highly vaccinated already but I have serious doubts about most countries getting even half vaccinated this year.
:thumb:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Asian holidays on the cards by winter as Australia looks to open other travel bubbles
By Anthony Galloway, Rob Harris and Chris Barrett
April 7, 2021 — 4.58am

Australians could be able to travel to select Asian and Pacific destinations without facing lengthy stints in quarantine by August, as the Morrison government looks to open the border to more countries after establishing a safe travel zone with New Zealand.

Immigration and health authorities are exploring plans to open up to Singapore within months, followed by other nations with low COVID-19 numbers such as Fiji, Vietnam and Thailand, as well as Japan and South Korea, although their daily case numbers are higher.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison and New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced on Tuesday that a trans-Tasman travel bubble between the two countries will be established in less than two weeks. From 11.59pm April 18 Wellington time (9.59pm AEST), Australians will be able to fly into New Zealand with no quarantine for the first time in more than a year.

The opening up of the travel bubble will complete the other side of a one-way travel bubble which was agreed to by both countries in October. Since October 16, New Zealanders have been able to travel to some Australian states without needing to quarantine, but they have still had to quarantine for a fortnight when they arrive back in New Zealand.

Mr Morrison said New Zealand’s decision to start two-way travel was “an important first step”, and that it was “tremendous” that the borders would be open before Anzac Day.

“This is the first of many more steps to come, I believe, as we get back to a more normal position, not only over the course of this year but beyond,” he said.

Asked which countries Australia could next open up to, Mr Morrison said “we have looked at places like Singapore and Japan and South Korea and countries like this, but at this stage we are not in a position to move forward on any of those”.

Multiple senior government sources confirmed Singapore would be the next priority for the government, but conceded Australia’s rate of vaccinations may be an issue as Singapore has indicated it will require “vaccination certificates” to resume quarantine-free travel.
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 57gyu.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

3h ago 10:10
UK: Jet2 airline suspends all flights and holidays until end of June after travel announcement

Jet2.com has extended the suspension of its flights and holidays up to June 23 following the government’s announcement on how foreign leisure travel will resume.
Steve Heapy, the low-cost leisure airline’s chief executive, said:

We have taken time to study the Global Travel Taskforce’s framework, and we are extremely disappointed at the lack of clarity and detail. After several weeks exploring how to restart international travel, with substantial assistance and input from the industry, the framework lacks any rigorous detail about how to get international travel going again. In fact, the framework is virtually the same as six months ago. Following the publication of the framework today, we still do not know when we can start to fly, where we can fly to and the availability and cost of testing. Rather than answering questions, the framework leaves everyone asking more.

He added: “Because of the continued uncertainty that the framework provides, it is with a heavy heart that we have taken the decision to extend the suspension of flights and holidays up to and including 23rd June 2021.”
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/li ... st-updates
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Bangkok Airways waives rebooking fees for passengers in wake of third Covid wave
Apr 09. 2021
By The Nation (sponsored news)
Due to the latest wave of Covid-19 infections and the restrictions imposed on several provinces, Bangkok Airways is offering a waiver of rebooking fees for passengers who hold Bangkok Airways tickets issued on or before April 6 with travel scheduled until April 30.

Passengers can rebook their tickets for free or seek a refund in the form of a travel voucher that can be used for future ticketing. Passengers can make changes up to 24-hours before their flight. Visit www.bangkokair.com/travel-voucher for more information.

Passengers who bought their tickets directly from the airline can call 1771 or (02) 270 6699 between 8am and 8pm to make changes. Those who have booked tickets through travel agents are advised to contact their agents directly.
https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30404724

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Traveling times, you would not think this possible. Take a look, this was posted only one day ago -

Western person to cross the border.

So proud to be the first tourist who walked yesterday the border from Cambodia to Thailand since Covid.
The Thais were really happy to welcome there first visiter after long time.
I starter my trip at 5am in PP and arrived 10.30 at angkor wat.
Then 2 more hours to poipet.

Always "hope" but never "expect".
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I don't understand because I can access the post.

Always "hope" but never "expect".
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

VIETNAM - 16 April 2021
HCMC Airport is reportedly cracking at the seams as Vietnamese domestic travel returns to normal.

The latest Covid-19 outbreak in late January came just a few weeks before Lunar New Year, the country's biggest holiday, forcing many people to cancel travel plans.
Passengers queue up for security screening at Tan Son Nhat Airport, April 16, 2021. Photo by VnExpress/Gia Minh.
https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/vietn ... 64043.html

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

AndyKK wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:00 am I don't understand because I can access the post.

I think your facebook account is on private because i can not see you post, maybe screenshot it and post as image.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:07 am
AndyKK wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:00 am I don't understand because I can access the post.

I think your facebook account is on private because i can not see you post, maybe screenshot it and post as image.
Either that or the post is from a group that is not marked 'public'. Or the person who posted it has their account set to 'friends only'.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic