Cambodia's Quarantine and Lockdown Escapees (Regular Updates)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambodia's Quarantine and Lockdown Escapees (Regular Updates)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:42 pm Arrests for drinking and playing loud music...

Cambodia News (Takeo): On April 18, 2021, at 4:12 pm, the Royal Gendarmerie arrested 4 men who drank and played loud music in Angreang village, Somrong city, Takeo.
The 4 men were identified as Jib Tony, 28 years old, Jib Dareach, 14 years old, Pen Sokhorn, 26 years old, and Kheav Jin, 45 years old. The police confiscated the speaker system.
Swift sentencing. No more "education", but tough measures by the authorities ...
In Takeo, provincial governor Ouch Phea said four young men were sentenced to one year in prison and fined $250 each under the Covid-19 Law for loud parties at their residences in violation of health measures.

“They played loudspeakers at their homes and disrupted their neighbors and opposed the government’s rules that ban gatherings, drinking and dancing and other things, and [require people] to stay at home.”

Provincial military police arrested the four on Sunday in Samraong district, Phea said.

“We have already sentenced them,” he said.
https://vodenglish.news/covid-19-arrest ... mbulances/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Khmer_Risotto wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:11 pm
More policemen carrying big sticks. Be warned.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:07 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:42 pm Arrests for drinking and playing loud music...

Cambodia News (Takeo): On April 18, 2021, at 4:12 pm, the Royal Gendarmerie arrested 4 men who drank and played loud music in Angreang village, Somrong city, Takeo.
The 4 men were identified as Jib Tony, 28 years old, Jib Dareach, 14 years old, Pen Sokhorn, 26 years old, and Kheav Jin, 45 years old. The police confiscated the speaker system.
Swift sentencing. No more "education", but tough measures by the authorities ...
In Takeo, provincial governor Ouch Phea said four young men were sentenced to one year in prison and fined $250 each under the Covid-19 Law for loud parties at their residences in violation of health measures.

“They played loudspeakers at their homes and disrupted their neighbors and opposed the government’s rules that ban gatherings, drinking and dancing and other things, and [require people] to stay at home.”

Provincial military police arrested the four on Sunday in Samraong district, Phea said.

Jesus a year in lockup for having a party at home!
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I wonder what the sentence will be for the guys who were in uniform and authority.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

atst wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:11 am
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:07 pm

Jesus a year in lockup for having a party at home!
Well.... the police have the big sticks, which could be the negotiating tool of choice for the louder than brutally necessary music at times.

There’s a little mentioned region of the world that tried prohibition for a spell. I gather it wasn’t altogether popular.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Worst thing is that sitting outside drinking beer Khmer-style is less likely to spread this virus than everyone hiding indoors to party so they don't get spotted by the cops. Everyone's off work and it's the New Year season. :beer1:
But that sets a very bad example for everyone else.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:22 am I wonder what the sentence will be for the guys who were in uniform and authority.
Depends how much money they have. Only crime you can't buy out of is being more popular then he who wants to be most popular
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:33 pm
Khmer_Risotto wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:11 pm
More policemen carrying big sticks. Be warned.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I know this is completely random, but yesterday, while out going for essential food supplies, I readjusted my mask and the string snapped. They really don't work with just the one string.

Spare mask is now on my going out 'checklist'. In the current situation, the less attention you draw to yourself when out of your home the better, and no mask is a big draw.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:14 am I know this is completely random, but yesterday, while out going for essential food supplies, I readjusted my mask and the string snapped. They really don't work with just the one string.

Spare mask is now on my going out 'checklist'. In the current situation, the less attention you draw to yourself when out of your home the better, and no mask is a big draw.
Funny you mentioned this was discussing this yesterday, best thing don't throw it away stick it in your pocket, if stopped on the way to by another mask you have your evidence with you.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic