Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

sigmoid wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:11 pm
yong wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:22 pm What the fuck’s the difference between 10pm and 9pm

with these fucktards at the helm

we in Thailand are really fucked.
And meanwhile, those who chose to leave Thailand are not; well, at least not as much. :clap:
I don't think I'd risk telling my mates who left for the UK over a year ago that they've had it so much better than us who have remained, just a hunch but I think they might not take it too well.. 😂🍺👍
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Great to see the numbers down almost 400 however deaths went up by 3

yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:52 am
yong wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:22 pm What the fuck’s the difference between 10pm and 9pm

And meanwhile, those who chose to leave Thailand are not; well, at least not as much. :clap:
I don't think I'd risk telling my mates who left for the UK over a year ago that they've had it so much better than us who have remained, just a hunch but I think they might not take it too well.. 😂🍺👍
If they don't prefer the UK over Thailand, why did they decide to go there? It sounds like their decision-making process was irrational, which generally leads to unfavorable outcomes.

Anyway, the UK doesn't sound so bad: strong leadership, science-based policies, a robust economy, nice food, the world's best bands, an abundance of cigarettes and alcohol, lots of fit birds, etc.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/th ... ch-vaccine

Thailand goes shopping for the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine
Published 34 mins ago on Tuesday, April 20, 2021 By Tim Newton

Still waiting for your vaccine? You’re not alone with only around 0.9% of Thailand currently vaccinated. With the Public Health Ministry nailed to just two international vaccines at this stage – the Chinese Sinovac and the AstraZeneca vaccines – it has found itself running short as it tries to catch up to regional neighbours and the rest of the world.

Now the Public Health Ministry says that it’s negotiating with Pfizer to buy 5-10 million doses of the new-technology Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine. Today the PM said they could expect supplies from Pfizer to arrive between July and December this year.

The PM Prayut confirmed that the National Vaccine Institute is awaiting prices from the US-based pharmaceutical company. The PM denied that the government was dragging its feet on the national vaccine roll out.

“… if all goes well, 5-10 million doses can be delivered as soon as July.”

Except that the government HAS been dragging its feet. To date only 666,000 doses have been rolled out, less than 1% of Thailand’s population over the past 2 months. The arrival of the ordered Sinovac Biotech and AstraZeneca vaccines appears to have been lumpy, at best, and the date for the local production of the AstraZeneca vaccine, under license, continues to be pushed back… now the earliest date is expected to be July.

The prime minister’s response was that he had set up a panel to consider “alternative vaccines”, according to Bangkok Post.

“Initially, the purchases Thailand made were based on the situation at that time, when we were very successful in containing the outbreak.”

“Let me be clear. It’s not that we acted too late or too little. Everything depends on the situation at a given time. We don’t want to subject people to risk when the vaccine was first produced. Several countries opted to do the same.”

The Pfizer/BioNTech works in a different way to the more traditional AstraZeneca and Chinese vaccines. It uses mRNA technology, a completely new approach and the first of its kind. There’s an entire detailed article HERE from the NY Times explaining how the new Pfizer vaccine works.

But no matter what vaccines are available in Thailand, or whenever they may arrive in the provincial hospitals, it still appears that the foreigners and expats will be at the end of the queues, although some local embassies have assured their citizens that the vaccination of their expatriate citizens will be a priority.

SOURCE: Bangkok Post

“… if all goes well, 5-10 million doses can be delivered as soon as July.” - only a fucking clueless clown like this can say such words

Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

sigmoid wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:11 pm

If they don't prefer the UK over Thailand, why did they decide to go there? It sounds like their decision-making process was irrational, which generally leads to unfavorable outcomes.

Anyway, the UK doesn't sound so bad: strong leadership, science-based policies, a robust economy, nice food, the world's best bands, an abundance of cigarettes and alcohol, lots of fit birds, etc.
They were snowbirds on tourist visas as opposed to retirement visas. You were taking a gamble on a visa amnesty which as we know wasn't guaranteed at the time. In hindsight they would had a less restrictive year here than in the UK.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Here we sit in Thailand, wishing for the best, when we know the junta has royally screwed up. We can only hope the Thai-made AZ shows up. But I would guess the "dirty farang" will come next to last in the race for vaccinations. Just imagine the price!

As for the Pfizer/BioNTech shot, if any can be found, Thailand will pay as heavy a price as the rich nations. It leaves me thinking I will have to return to Canada to get on the injection list. Hell, if I were there now, I'd probably already have had my two (Pfizer/Moderna) shots, based on age.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

The new so-called Thai "Vaccine Passport" has been revealed in an announcement in the Government Gazette.
The document features only English language on its front page stating that it is issued by the Department of Disease Control of the Ministry of Public Health.

There is the garuda emblem then space for the person it is issued to, passport or National ID number.

Sanook reported that inside there is a listing of when the first and second dose of vaccine was administered, which one it was and a stamp.
It states that the vaccine must be one approved by the Thai or WHO authorities.

It warns that there must be no crossings out or alternations/imperfections.

This was announced by Opas Kanwinpong on the 16th of April.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

Almost same as yesterday. 2 more deaths today.

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

sigmoid wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:11 pm

lots of fit birds

The occasional canary in a very big cage of crows.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic