What about Shanghai Bar ?

When we all like to come out and play...
Bars, clubs and pubs oh my!
logos
Expatriate

Re: What about Shanghai Bar ?

Post by logos » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:16 pm

The buffet at shanghai is pretty good, I think it's once a month and it's an outside BBQ. Most customers are regulars. Went twice, both times got my $worth.

Girls : they won't go out with you unless you've established a relationship, which is of course what they're after. They also want to make sure you're no cheap charlie, to exclude guys like Nok I guess. Fair enough.

An ex GF I'd met when she was a waitress at 240 boutique hotel ended up working at Shanghai after a few weeks, we continued the relationship for a while, and she introduced me to her friends there. Nice girls, not hardcore (those I met anyway), but there is also a bunch of mercenaries, I guess they all turn our that way after a few months. Once in pontoon she actually prevented me from joining a table she was at with some other shanghai girls, as they'd order bottle after bottle and of course the barang with them were supposed to foot the bill (koreans or so at the time).

I think their prime customets are now non khmer asians who don't balk at the prices and cover them with gifts, as anyway they're cheap by asian standarts.
NokTang
Expatriate

Re: What about Shanghai Bar ?

Post by NokTang » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:52 pm

logos wrote:
Girls : they won't go out with you unless you've established a relationship, which is of course what they're after. They also want to make sure you're no cheap charlie, to exclude guys like Nok I guess. Fair enough.
A cheap low blow. In a very polite way, let me say "fuck you". I pay way over the top for the service I want when it's provided. I don't get scammed for lady drinks and the rest. That isn't how you define cheap, it's how you live and learn not to under estimate the willingness of people here in SEA to rip you off.

It's "fair enough" they don't want to go with guys who don't buy lady drinks but a result of being trained how to rip people off and judge them by same.

Some of you guys never learned how to recognize you are being scammed and often by other barangs and bargirls.

They want a relationship first, fine and dandy. No worries. Relationships work both ways. Don't let these intermediaries like "bars" and "mamasans" lead you astray.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic