People and Population of Angkor Civilization

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: People and Population of Angkor Civilization

Post by nerdlinger »

snoink wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:07 am
I'd like to think you're joking. I find it hard to believe someone would actually be such a willing Media casualty, assume this assinine easy A shit and then nose-up on the high ground.
Yup I’m just one of those trendy youngsters with mad new ideas like “hey let’s all try being less sexist”, what can you do. 8)
snoink
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by snoink »

nerdlinger wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:40 am
snoink wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:07 am
I'd like to think you're joking. I find it hard to believe someone would actually be such a willing Media casualty, assume this assinine easy A shit and then nose-up on the high ground.
Yup I’m just one of those trendy youngsters with mad new ideas like “hey let’s all try being less sexist”, what can you do. 8)
Let's try Crayon:

A person is victimized in public, with video. Robbery say. They make a statement to police on scene. The victim clearly identifies a race and gender. "Mass Comm 101" shits it for your consumption, and their bottom line.
You, being a TooL, swallow it whole, take issue only with the police, call the victim sexist, racist and clickbait the meaning of gender. -You think you are a hero reinventing the fucking wheel.

Finger painting next?
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Ok,other than my colorful language I'm not sexist here, it's like saying a some black guys robbed me when that's what happened, that does not make one racist and it does not make me sexist to call these gals out the way I did here either. I grew up with a fairly polished mother that often referred to women she did not care for as broads too, this kind of talk at home only, this from a woman that had earned a masters degree in 1957, always maintained her career and mothered five children throughout her life.If you want to call her a sexist have it your way. In the 70' s era of Billie Jean King it was all up for grabs and a good bit of fun too, all while we evolved and stopped calling husky, horse horse faced women broads, you shoulda heard her rip on men, all with class and many laughs. Oh yeah she skied 60 days a year, golfed more than that and swapped the cooking chore for 7 with my dad cuz he liked to cook but did appreciate her cooking, he just liked his more in some dishes, more sexism? Come on homey, this lack of perspective you give made the right rise up and become luddites.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

bossho wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:18 am I'm not sexist here, it's like saying a some black guys robbed me when that's what happened, that does not make one racist and it does not make me sexist to call these gals out the way I did here either.
snoink wrote:A person is victimized in public, with video. Robbery say. They make a statement to police on scene. The victim clearly identifies a race and gender. "Mass Comm 101" shits it for your consumption, and their bottom line.

Yeah, see, I'd be fine with the "I'm just describing who it was" line if that was indeed all you'd said about it. But your followup comment,
White and straight and male there was no place for his type
makes it pretty clear that you considered their gender to be a key part of the story for you, and that them being women academics made their crime in some way worse. You can't go off on a giant unprompted rant about the evils of affirmative action and then turn round and claim that your mention of the fact they were women was just an incidental aside.

If you want to call her a sexist have it your way.
I can't tell what you're trying to say with that one, are you saying that you're not sexist because your mother was a woman, or are you saying that if a woman does something then it can't be sexist? Are are you just trying to goad me into saying something about your mother?

Incidentally, can we also appreciate the irony of someone complaining about women muscling in on the field of Khmer studies, in a forum that's 99% populated by old men?
Last edited by nerdlinger on Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
snoink
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by snoink »

nerdlinger wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 am
bossho wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:18 am I'm not sexist here, it's like saying a some black guys robbed me when that's what happened, that does not make one racist and it does not make me sexist to call these gals out the way I did here either.
snoink wrote:A person is victimized in public, with video. Robbery say. They make a statement to police on scene. The victim clearly identifies a race and gender. "Mass Comm 101" shits it for your consumption, and their bottom line.

Yeah, see, I'd be fine with the "I'm just describing who it was" line if that was indeed all you'd said about it. But your followup comment,
White and straight and male there was no place for his type
makes it pretty clear that you considered their gender to be a key part of the story for you, and that them being women academics made their crime in some way worse. You can't go off on a giant unprompted rant about the evils of affirmative action and then turn round and claim that your mention of the fact they were women was just an incidental aside.

If you want to call her a sexist have it your way.
I can't tell what you're trying to say with that one, are you saying that you're not sexist because your mother was a woman, or are you saying that if a woman does something then it can't be sexist? Are are you just trying to goad me into saying something about your mother?

Incidentally, can we also appreciate the irony of someone complaining about women muscling in on the field of Khmer studies, in a forum that's 99% populated by old white men?
red and blue makes purple. yellow and blue makes green. push your hand against the cave wall. man. woman. eat. fuck. kill. money.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

snoink wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:03 am red and blue makes purple. yellow and blue makes green. push your hand against the cave wall. man. woman. eat. fuck. kill. money.
Ok snoink, I realize that I do often tend to be argumentative in these threads, but whilst bossho - for his rough edges - has at least been talking to me in good faith, you on the other hand are just mindlessly obnoxious and have been in most other threads you've commented on since joining, whilst contributing nothing of value. Even your profile pic is a troll. Why are you even here? I'll be popping you on ignore now.
:wave:

(incidentally I might suggest to the mods that pretty much every post after the very first one be moved to asinine...)
snoink
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by snoink »

nerdlinger wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:17 am
snoink wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:03 am red and blue makes purple. yellow and blue makes green. push your hand against the cave wall. man. woman. eat. fuck. kill. money.
Ok snoink, I realize that I do often tend to be argumentative in these threads, but whilst bossho - for his rough edges - has at least been talking to me in good faith, you on the other hand are just mindlessly obnoxious and have been in most other threads you've commented on since joining, whilst contributing nothing of value. Even your profile pic is a troll. Why are you even here? I'll be popping you on ignore now.
:wave:

(incidentally I might suggest to the mods that pretty much every post after the very first one be moved to asinine...)
What a shining TATTLETAIL.

'That's like, your Opinion, "Man".
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Yeah, I m guilty as accused and so is my Mom ok? But, does my abrasive delivery, coupled with lots of other bad man things really get these women a mulligan? A freebie to make up for the male domination they faced?

To the charge of seeing gender ( I want to pre confess and add race and ethnicity) I am also guilty as charged, It makes it easier to employ stereotyping and know which inappropriate jokes to tell.

Good fight Nerdlinger I will submit in defeat now, the irony was nearly lost on me, that is, I pig headedly DID NOT think once what an ass I was making myself to be by complaining on this forum as it is like all men on here except for a couple chicks.

I can hear them snickering, the wise ones did not need this battle to know that I have been a fool- again. Oh.... defeat...the pain it conjures masked by the grandiose..

Nerdlinger, I yield to your superior wit and rhetorical skills and I am sorry, I am such a sorry louse of a man.

Shine on Lord Nerdlinger and Gods please allow for the path always to be lit for He who has been the Victor and may the clouds part for the Victor's carriage in all the Victor's endeavors.

Yours in defeat,

Bossho ( maybe I should change this damn username? I mean seriously here, I want to move on from this kind of crap associated with this username- MODS? any exceptions? to the Rule)?
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

bossho wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:39 am Bossho ( maybe I should change this damn username? I mean seriously here, I want to move on from this kind of crap associated with this username- MODS? any exceptions? to the Rule)?
Yeah I’ve a feeling I might also need to change my username before landing in Cambodia with the number of uhh Debates I’ve been getting myself into...

(+ more apologies to mods for :offtopic: )
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic