Travel Ban - Stuck in wrong Province

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ZZZ
Tourist
East Timor

Travel Ban - Stuck in wrong Province

Post by ZZZ »

Hey, I live in Phnom Penh but was in Siem Reap when the travel ban was announced, by the time I was informed it was already too late to get out of here. I had enough money to sit it out and wait until the original date of 20th April, however, that date is clearly going to pushed back further and further. My house is in PP my money is in PP and Im paying by the day in Siem Reap for bed and someone else to cook my food. I have no bank account, Im literally screwed.. Can anyone advise me on who I can appeal to, in the the hopes of getting permission to return to PP. Thanks.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Travel Ban - Stuck in wrong Province

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Commune chief of your area of SR, get letter permitting travel to PP.

Prob have to self isolate upon return though
ZZZ
Tourist
East Timor

Post by ZZZ »

Thanks, that gives me a little bit of hope, I still have no idea how to get in touch nor how I can arrange transport if I somehow get permission, but it gives me some hope, thank you.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Your not on your own but it doesn't make it any better, plenty people stuck having to pay guesthouse day to day plus rent for thier home they can't get to,its a shit show at the moment for many, but there are also many people been stuck trying to get O/S for months in a similar boat. :friends:
Don't know what you can do except as suggested above , the stealing an ambulance trick wont work now there awake to that trick
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic