FPCS- number registered issue?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: FPCS- number registered issue?

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Brody wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:24 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:12 pm Yea the app is f**ked....so many people unable to log back in, keep getting the message "phone number or password not valid".
Are you currently one of the many, PSD-Kiwi?
My wife, the first couple times it happened several months back it was an easy(ish) fix, just clicked on the "forgot password" button, then uninstalled/reinstalled the app and bingo, worked...now even that doesn't work. Have tried logging-in via the desktop version also which doesn't help. Not an issue for me at the moment as I'm out of the country, so will try and sort it out when I get back soon and out of quarantine.
Hanne_emz
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Hanne_emz »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:34 pm
Brody wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:24 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:12 pm Yea the app is f**ked....so many people unable to log back in, keep getting the message "phone number or password not valid".
Are you currently one of the many, PSD-Kiwi?
My wife, the first couple times it happened several months back it was an easy(ish) fix, just clicked on the "forgot password" button, then uninstalled/reinstalled the app and bingo, worked...now even that doesn't work. Have tried logging-in via the desktop version also which doesn't help. Not an issue for me at the moment as I'm out of the country, so will try and sort it out when I get back soon and out of quarantine.
This is what i encountered even if the number i registered befored is blocked or deactivated by metfone because an able to load a card for how many months i still open my fpcs .but now i try to open it says phone number and oassword invalid 🤦🤦 how come?
:wink:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

question;
if the online app is so much trouble
why doesnt everyone use https://fpcs.immigration.gov.kh/register

is there a reason not to?
just asking as of course i am not living there ,,,,,yet

do you upload the house paper if u own ur home?
what is; Certificate of Incorporation
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I lost my phone and needed a new number but couldn't work out how to change my number on the app so forget about it for now.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:39 pm question;
if the online app is so much trouble
why doesnt everyone use https://fpcs.immigration.gov.kh/register

do you upload the house paper if u own ur home?
what is; Certificate of Incorporation
Did you miss my comment...issues even with the desktop version.

No you don't need to upload property ownership documents, just input the address.

Certificate of Incorporation is for Hotels, guesthouses, etc.
Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanne_emz
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Hanne_emz »

atst wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:42 pm I lost my phone and needed a new number but couldn't work out how to change my number on the app so forget about it for now.
The same problem 🤦🤦
:wink:
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

It's basically a failed system and I didn't need it for my last extension.

I'm not registered where I live anyhow, rather a visa agency has me checked in at theirs for a few years as far as this app goes
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Brody wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:04 pm
AndyKK wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:57 am I just renewed my EOS, one of the requirements was to open the FPCS app to copy a page. The app would not open.
If one of the requirements was to open the FPCS app to copy a page and the app would not open......how did you just renew your EOS?
I used an agent like most of us do, under the $300 mark fee, for the year extension, they will work wonders where you cannot. :D
Always "hope" but never "expect".
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:56 pm It's basically a failed system and I didn't need it for my last extension.

I'm not registered where I live anyhow, rather a visa agency has me checked in at theirs for a few years as far as this app goes
At the time my landlord refused to have anything to do with the app, he said forget about it because it is nothing but a scam.
So, I set it up in my name, obviously with concern, what if it is not done.
Then the landlord came the day of the deadline that was technically made at the time. He told me now he had seen the articles in the media I had mentioned, also, he talked to immigration. Once he had done the app on his phone, he assured me the next time he would ever input any details, or look at the app again, would be to inform immigration I had left the country.
He once remarked to my partner that I wasn't listening clearly enough to what he was saying.
So how much in $$$ do you think it cost, from some budget to set up this failed app?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic