Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Information on Coronavirus in Cambodia from 8 March 2020 (Latest Updates)

Post by Phnom Poon »

theKid wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:08 pm Image
is this some cunning double-bluff tactic that they teach at westpoint?

monstra mihi bona!
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

Well this explains why so many people ( in relative terms - nothing like the pictures above) were at the supermarket in Siem Reap late this afternoon. I went for my wife today and didn't get around to going until about 5. I mentioned to her when I came back that there were a lot more people than I expected as she had been telling me no one at the store most days she went the past week.

Glad I went, but would have bought more had I known :)

Hopefully Siem Reap stays open for business!
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

ImageImage

missing a couple of pages...
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Quick draft translation below, needs some fine tuning, but it gives an idea of whats permitted and whats not...

Article 1:
Phnom Penh and Takhmao City of Kandal Province are temporarily closed for 14 days from 0001hrs on April 15, 2021 to April 28. 2021 in order to ensure the effective control of the spread of Kovid-19 disease in Phnom Penh and Takhmao city of Kandal province and prevent the disease from spreading to other areas.
The geography of Phnom Penh and Takhmao City of Kandal Province is considered to be the only geographical area that is blocked.

Article 2:
During the implementation of this blocking measure, every person is prohibited from leaving their current residence or lodging place unless absolutely necessary. However, travel outside of the current residence or lodging may be permitted in the following circumstances:
- Travel to work or conduct business or business in a closed geographical area that is not prohibited as defined in Article 3 and with attached documents confirming the work, occupation or business issued by the relevant business place or the nearest local authority
- Travel to the place of sale of food or groceries and daily necessities that allowed by the competent authorities. Travel for this purpose may be carried out by a maximum of 2 (two) members per residence or lodge no more than 3 (three) times per week and at the nearest location within the geographical area of the city. Or the district in which you live, must bring with you a Cambodian identity card or ID card
- a trip to a hospital, maternity health center, treatment facility or pharmacy for emergency medical reasons within a closed geographical area. This emergency medical trip out or into a closed geographical area is possible only with the permission of the authorities implementing the blocking measure, limiting the number of people to no more than four (4) people in each case. Each, but must strictly comply with the obligations related to health safety measures, especially the wearing of masks and the maintenance of safety gaps
- travel to appear before the health officials to take samples to analyze Kovid-19 and to Get vaccinated against Kovid-19 on a regular basis and in or out of closed geography - travel to participate in activities that serve the public good or other necessary purpose upon request or on request.
- Individual sports activities within the geography of the village where they live, avoiding gatherings of more than two (2) people
- Travel of diplomats, officials of staff of foreign missions, UN agencies, international financial organizations, organizations International and foreign NGOs with identification and employment documents - Journalist travel with documents identification and employment
- Travel in and out of air-blocked areas Comply with applicable health safety regulations and measures and
- travel for other necessary and urgent reasons with the prior permission of the competent authority to implement the blocking measures.

In all of the above exceptions, everyone is obliged to implement health measures, including wearing a mask and keeping a safe distance, as well as adhering to hygiene to kill germs and temperature measurements to combat and prevent the spread of Covid-19.

Article 3:
Therefore, during the implementation of the closure measures, all activities, occupations or businesses that are not daily necessities are prohibited. However, occupational or business activities may be allowed in the following cases:
- The work activities of public institutions and the armed forces, but the head of the relevant institution must reduce the number of workers to a minimum to ensure the sustainability of the work of Institutions. The head of the institution may decide to temporarily suspend unnecessary work
- Factories, enterprises, handicrafts or food and beverage production facilities, including slaughterhouses, which are daily necessities
- Work activities related to the provision of public services According to the definition of each institution, such as fire service, electricity supply, clean water, solid waste collection and transportation services, etc.
- All activities, occupations or businesses that operate through the online system
- Supply of goods. Daily necessities such as shopping malls, wholesalers, markets or orderly grocery stores, markets, markets and restaurants-canteens that sell packaged food, gas stations or gas Supply of other daily necessities with the permission of the competent authority
- supply of daily necessities such as emergency services, health services & Pharmacies, Post & Telecommunication Services, Banking & Finance Services & Services
Other daily necessities with the permission of the competent authorities, but must reduce the number of staff to a minimum
- Hotel and guesthouse services
- Freight services necessary to serve the closed geographical area General freight services, entry-exit or transit geographically blocked to serve the socio-economic sector of the country and
- other necessary activities, occupations or businesses with the permission of the competent authority.
All permitted activities, occupations or businesses as described above, everyone is obliged to implement health measures, including wearing a mask and keeping a safe distance, as well as adhering to hygiene, disinfection and temperature measurement. To fight and prevent the spread of Kovid-19 disease.

Article 4:
During the implementation of the closure measures, all gatherings or gatherings are prohibited. However, gatherings or gatherings may be permitted in the following cases:
- Gatherings of family members living in the same house or lodge
- Organizing funerals in accordance with the authority
-Gatherings and meetings of health workers to implement health measures, such as taking samples to test for Kovid-19 and Kovid-19 vaccination, and meetings of health workers on duty. Other emergencies and
- Meetings of the competent authorities, command forces, administrative units at all levels in the work of maintaining security, order and public order.
All authorized gatherings or gatherings, as described above, are the responsibility of the individual to implement health measures, especially the wearing of masks and gaps, as well as to adhere to hygiene to kill germs. And temperature measurements to combat and prevent the spread of Kovid-19, except for gatherings among family members living in the same house or shelter.

Article 5:

All authorized travel as stated in Article 2 of this Decision shall not be made between 2000hrs to 0500 hours, except for travel due to emergency medical reasons. Necessary and urgent in the family, transportation of goods, fulfillment of obligations that serve the public interest, travel to and from the place of work in the enterprise, establishment or business location that is exempt from opening as stated in paragraph The following and other necessary cases with the permission of the competent authorities.
All public establishments, enterprises or private establishments or business locations which are permitted to remain open in accordance with Article 3 of this Decision shall suspend their operations from 8:00 pm to 5:00 pm for direct customer service, except For emergency services, health services, pharmacies, gas stations, hotel and guesthouse services and other necessary public services with the permission of the competent authorities.
Travel in and out of the closed geographical boundary is prohibited, except for travel to provide emergency services, necessary public and emergency services related to security and public order work or services. Transport of goods and other necessary cases with the permission of the competent authority.
Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sheepdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Sheepdog »

The use of bum guns have now been prohibited, a well informed source told me that water is being stockpiled for water cannons for when the shit really hits the fan!

Make sure and stock up on bog roll, you will have issues with no tissues!
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

...and here is the full official directive in Khmer for those interested

Error404
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Error404 »

I wonder how they will enforce this and how would they know if you left your home more than 3 times a week. Are they going to post a guard at everyone's door, I am just curious that's all. :facepalm:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Error404 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:05 am I wonder how they will enforce this and how would they know if you left your home more than 3 times a week. Are they going to post a guard at everyone's door, I am just curious that's all. :facepalm:
It would depend on what measures they would adapt, also road blockades, and cameras. Would you take the risk? Don't forget if you have Cambodians living near, they may even say something.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Error404
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Error404 »

I don't go out much, to begin with, was just curious. So if I read the sub-decree correctly we need to bring our passport when we go out; do we just go out and buy food and if we get stoped present it. Or do we need to call the authorities ahead of time and ask for permission to go out?
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

Error404 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:48 am I don't go out much, to begin with, was just curious. So if I read the sub-decree correctly we need to bring our passport when we go out; do we just go out and buy food and if we get stoped present it. Or do we need to call the authorities ahead of time and ask for permission to go out?
Where i am.thats been locked down, we have to present our passpoet or loxals their id card, but they have only let me out once, last saturday, since then i have been refused permission to go out.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic