Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Information on Coronavirus in Cambodia from 8 March 2020 (Latest Updates)

Post by Phnom Poon »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:05 am #1 son is indeed a very well educated man. He graduated West Point with a Bachelors degree in economics, he then went on the complete a Masters degree at New York University in economics, and then went to the University of Bristol in the U.K. to complete a PhD in....economics.

Just the man to take charge of a viral pandemic. I just hope he keeps a close eye on the economy at the same time.
yes, I'm quite acquainted, with that biography
my point is that he wouldn't be handed a basket case

even if the outbreak cannot be completely contained now
it should be a good opportunity to display best practice
given the rest of the world's hindsight
Last edited by Phnom Poon on Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monstra mihi bona!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:20 am
nemo wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:11 am I note many small businesses are handing out rice, free to those in need.
A friend was outside Shenanigans yesterday where they were handing out food parcels nearby. A large shiny Toyota Highlander pulled up and a woman got out and collected some of the freebies and got back in her truck and it drove away.

I have no reason to doubt him, but I wish he had filmed it.
You have no idea how much they owe the bank, rich stealing from the poor again,no morales
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

COVID-19: Daily New Cases Drops to 181 with 40 Recovered Cases
AKP Phnom Penh, April 13, 2021 --

The number of daily new infections in Cambodia saw a decline to 181, from 277 yesterday; bringing the tally to 4,696, according to the Ministry of Health’s press release issued this morning.

The new cases include 2 Cambodian passengers who arrived in Cambodia on Mar. 30 from the U.S. and India via South Korea, 1 Cambodian migrant worker returning from Thailand on April 11, and 178 locally transmitted cases.

The 178 community cases – 175 Cambodians, 1 Vietnamese, 1 French, and 1 Indonesian – are all linked to the Feb. 20 Community Event. Phnom Penh capital took the lead with 140 new cases, followed by the provinces of Svay Rieng 14, Preah Sihanouk 8, Prey Veng 6, Siem Reap 4, Kandal 3, and Kratie, Preah Vihear and Takeo 1 each.
- AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

The curfew did not stop Black Friday. The indoor trading ban of food and booze won't stop transmission. What does everyone think will be their next move?

From the Khmer Times

Sources, usually reliable have told Khmer Times that more extreme measures are being mulled over by authorities with the main consideration being the negative impacts on the economy which had already take a devastating blow.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50838551/c ... s-evening/
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:32 am The curfew did not stop Black Friday. The indoor trading ban of food and booze won't stop transmission. What does everyone think will be their next move?
My best guess, given their previous actions and beliefs would be...

Close down the Internet. They heard computers can get a virus and COVID is a virus soooooooo....
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

^ Close the factories ?
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Full lockdown at home like they did in China.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

atst wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:44 pm
Doc67 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:20 am
nemo wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:11 am I note many small businesses are handing out rice, free to those in need.
A friend was outside Shenanigans yesterday where they were handing out food parcels nearby. A large shiny Toyota Highlander pulled up and a woman got out and collected some of the freebies and got back in her truck and it drove away.

I have no reason to doubt him, but I wish he had filmed it.
You have no idea how much they owe the bank, rich stealing from the poor again,no morales
Don't drag Erik Morales into this
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

nemo wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:04 pm Full lockdown at home like they did in China.
How would you think that measure would be imposed, would it be done on the spot, or would there be some warning. I could see complications that people would not have food to last too long.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

COVID-19: 178 New Cases, 38 Recovered Patients Reported
AKP Phnom Penh, April 14, 2021 --

Cambodia reported 178 new cases of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19); bringing the tally to 4,874, announced the Ministry of Health in its press release made public this morning.

According to the same source, the new positive cases include 1 Cambodian migrant worker returning from Thailand on April 12, and 177 community cases linked to the Feb. 20 incident.

The 177 locally transmitted cases – 175 Cambodians, 1 Vietnamese, and 1 Chinese – were detected in Phnom Penh capital (149), and the provinces of Kandal (14), Preah Sihanouk (6), Svay Rieng (3), Kampong Speu (2), and Takeo, Thbong Khmum and Siem Reap (1 each).

At the same time, the Ministry of Health recorded 38 newly cured cases, of them 1 Indonesian passenger of 39 years old and 37 community cases: 28 Cambodians and 9 Chinese in the capital of Phnom Penh and Kampong Cham, Kampot, Thbong Khmum, Prey Veng, Preah Sihanouk, Svay Rieng, Kandal and Koh Kong provinces. They have been allowed to be discharged after being tested negative twice consecutively.

The total number of recovered cases in the Kingdom thus increased to 2,290 with 35 deaths (two new deaths).

By C. Nika
AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic