Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Information on Coronavirus in Cambodia from 8 March 2020 (Latest Updates)

Post by Doc67 »

cautious colin wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:49 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:50 pm
Brody wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:43 pm jesus fucking christ

The people in those beds will already be positive. Not going to catch it again! I assume it's for the asymptomatic and "not very sick" patients. Still I wouldn't want to be in there with hundreds of people coughing away. Two weeks+ praying for a negative test result in order to escape. What a fucking nightmare that would be.
I am sure I read somewhere that was now possible to isolate at home if testing positive and not ill. Therefore what would be the need for an asymptomatic ward?

Putting everyone that tests positive into monitored care puts unnecessary strain on resources. and sod going into the Koh Pich place. you end up more sick than when you went in
I read that too. Hopefully if any of us lot get it they will be so full elsewhere they will let you stay at home as long as you don't live with other people.

If you have a wife, kids and the in-laws all shacking up with you, it's off to the plague pit for you.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

nemo wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:11 am I note many small businesses are handing out rice, free to those in need.
A friend was outside Shenanigans yesterday where they were handing out food parcels nearby. A large shiny Toyota Highlander pulled up and a woman got out and collected some of the freebies and got back in her truck and it drove away.

I have no reason to doubt him, but I wish he had filmed it.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Ministry of Health FB has today posted information on caring for Covid patients at home.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:22 am Ministry of Health FB has today posted information on caring for Covid patients at home.
Not on Facebook, can you post it?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:47 am
timmydownawell wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:22 am Ministry of Health FB has today posted information on caring for Covid patients at home.
How's your Khmer?

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:17 am
How's your Khmer?

My Khmer is as good as my techy skills.

As long as they are onboard with the concept of home care, that's all I care about. The graphics look like a cut and paste jobs from another country.

Thanks

theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

The UN is concerned...

ImageImage
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:28 am
timmydownawell wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:17 am
How's your Khmer?
My Khmer is as good as my techy skills.

As long as they are onboard with the concept of home care, that's all I care about. The graphics look like a cut and paste jobs from another country.
Haha. It's probably supplied by WHO seeing as their logo is up there.
JonnyBeeGee
Tourist
Lithuania

Post by JonnyBeeGee »

This may help decode the Khmer infographic. Most of the information that has been put on that infographic with visuals seems to come from this WHO document: https://www.who.int/publications/i/item ... f-contacts with information removed about expensive cleaners / washing gloves etc.

The information about doing the "Dracula" cough / sneeze probably comes from standard medical advice. Funny...the WHO document seems to omit this info.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

nemo wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:11 am I note many small businesses are handing out rice, free to those in need.
Any good charities or organizations to support in person or financially in the city?
:thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic