Knives out in Kampot?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Knives out in Kampot?

Post by Stiliko »

Apparently there was a bloody bar fight that spilled into the streets of the old market in Kampot. Two barang - one black, one ginger - mixed it up early in the morning, before 9 am. Knives out and blood spilled.

It happened a few days ago and the post asking about it was, of course, censored by the Kampot notice board admins, claiming it was unsubstantiated rumor. And yet several members claimed to have witnessed the dust up.

The first deleted post:
“This is an extract posted about Kampot on another website.
Is this real?

"What happened to the 2 barangs yesterday (one black english driving quad, 1 australian red head drongo thay sliced each other apart and blood everywhere in kampot main street? Who got the most money from this bloodshed fight? Why so much more violence happen in beautiful, friendly, kind community kampot?"
One member responded:
“To be honest my uncle rang me immediately to come to his workplace in town because he was in so much fear. I left straight away. I saw the huge amount of blood myself. He witnessed the whole thing. He said people were taking pictures because they could not believe so much blood. My uncle is a quiet peaceful muslim and he was so scared as he has been in kampot recently and seen so far violence, thefts, rude , behaviour on the main street all times of day... I really do believe this news is worthy.” And: “The shocking thing was this was just before 9am in the morning.”
Another responded:
“That person is thankfully ok and recovering after receiving care at the hospital.”
And another:
“too bad for Family bar, they lost lots of customers.”
Anyone heard anything about this? If so, feel free to fill in the blanks.
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
Flexxman
Expatriate

Re: Knives out in Kampot?

Post by Flexxman »

No knives, glass and bottles hence the amount of blood. Only connected the dots later.

Family Bar lady complaining about the many barang she has allowed to run a tab. Bit naive, only rented the place out in the past and therefore not experienced or business-savy (most recent was to the Korean couple pre-covid?). Does not speak English well and people take advantage of that. Sad really as the total of tabs add up considerably and business is bad at this time.

Worst offender is a black British guy owning her $550 (!) she is afraid to have lost. Reason: this is the guy who got into this fight. Glasses and bottles used, the white guy had quite some wounds. Medical bill ran $160, he asked the black guy to pay for his treatment which he refused. Probably couldn't afford it either.

White guy angry, got help from some people to file a formal complaint with police, black guy arrested, sent to Prey Sar. Now pleading with the lady from Family Bar to help him borrow $2000 to hire a lawyer. $20K was quoted to make all go away, pay everyone off and some brown envelopes here and there.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

$550 bar tab drinking 50 cent beer? Dude just kept drinking for a couple months and no one bothered to charge him?
I don't get it, he doesn't even look like someone you would borderline trust?

And that's before he stabbed someone in the face. Jesus christ.

She really should borrow him $2000, it makes sense!
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:14 am I don't get it, he doesn't even look like someone you would borderline trust?
You saw pics? I heard there were some. Can someone post them?
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Stiliko wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 8:51 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:14 am I don't get it, he doesn't even look like someone you would borderline trust?
You saw pics? I heard there were some. Can someone post them?
I have been shown photos but do not possess them.

The main weapon used was actually one of those big shell ashtrays. Face split in half with a zig zag pattern. And then it gets worse.

Very unnecessary incident.

Might be a quad for sale at a fair price though :whistler:
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Stiliko »

If he is indeed banged up, he must be at Kampot Provisional not Prey Sar.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Stiliko wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:11 pm If he is indeed banged up, he must be at Kampot Provisional not Prey Sar.
As i understood initially he was facing 5-10 on attempted murder. There was an offer on the table (10k) but that was for the 5 year. No go free option.

What that means to where he is situated i don't know but as i understood he is not getting out anytime soon. But things may have changed i heard all this stuff just about when it happen.

Seems crazy to me that you could pay your way out of jail for something like this. Yes yes I'm naive and new and all that but still .. not questioning the previous poster just amazed at how these things work.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

Could someone please send me a link to the Kampot notice board? Is it a Facebook group or something?
La Quenta
Expatriate
Swaziland

Post by La Quenta »

What the hell is going on down there in kampot?!

Seems to be endless tragedies there these days whether its out of control theft, violence or death.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

La Quenta wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:32 pm What the hell is going on down there in kampot?!

Seems to be endless tragedies there these days whether its out of control theft, violence or death.
LOL
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic