Does anyone know where we can get one of the Covid vaccines in Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Does anyone know if we can get one of the vaccines?

Post by timmydownawell »

Brody wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:53 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:22 pm OK well it dried enough for me to g̶o̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶r̶ go to the Phsar Chas Sangkat. The word is "No vaccine, come back next month".
Thanks for the report.

I'll chock that up as progress, seeing as they didn't tell you to "go to your embassy".
Actually yes, you have a point there.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Posted on Siem Reap expats and locals social media page:
FYI latest about vaccination registration for foreigners (in two categories). However Sangkat not ready to start registration yet.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Cricket99
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Cricket99 »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:42 pm Good point, but they used it under license, so the differences (if any) would be minute. Your fear is a QC issue then?
Honestly, yes. If you look into the Chinese vaccine scandals that is what most of it comes downs to. That said, if the WHO approves the vaccine, I'll get it.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:35 pm Posted on Siem Reap expats and locals social media page:
Yes I posted that two pages back.
BKK Phil
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BKK Phil »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:17 am
timmydownawell wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:45 am
Doc67 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:28 am
timmydownawell wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:23 am Click on 5 to register. But on the form there are a number of drop down boxes to select your sex/city/khan/sangkat/etc from lists.
I'm recruiting a translator. Registration = Lunch. Maybe she will go for it.
You also need to upload a photo (I presume this is ID) so have your passport handy.
Further to this issue, yesterday I managed to register for the vaccination. The process will require you to have to hand the following information beyond just your name and DOB etc:

Your passport Number; Your address: City - Khan - Sangkat and village number. If you are registered with the sangkat you'll find that number on the form.

You'll also be asked to select your employment/profession. I never really got to the bottom of this one, I put professional and teacher (which I am not) as my translator could not explain exactly what all the others were. We'll have to see how that one plays out. See image of the job descriptions below - if anyone can translate precisely then please do.

There is also a box which you can tick about if you have any illness'. If you have a bit of hypertension then you may qualify.

There is another box which asks about any allergies. I assume this is about allergic reactions. Leave that one blank.
Again, these boxes are shown below and if anyone wants to confirm or correct the translation I was given PLEASE DO SO.

Finally, when you hit the send button the spinning wheel comes up and never seems to go away. There is a box that comes up which I never got to the bottom of what it was, but I hit it anyway, and then the spinning stopped and it went back to a black form again.

I thought I was back to square one so I completed it all again, but this time when I hit the send button it was refused as my passport number and phone number box was then highlighted in red. I have taken this to mean that I am registered.

There has been no text to confirm that I am registered.

If anyone has any further or different experiences then please let us all know.

Jobs List

Choices

Tick boxes - understood to be (left) Current illness' and (right) Allergies/reactions
Dear Doc67:

Within the past hour, I just completed what I believed to be a successful vaccine application on the gov't app with the owner of my apartment building.

Everything went well, I thought, and I finally hit the "send" button and up came the spinning wheel. A box popped up which said "OK" and I hit that and the spinning wheel stopped and a blank form came up again.

I am told however that a successful application is followed by a page that shows a copy of your vaccination card with the photo uploaded at the end of the application process. And I was told to take a screenshot of that photo page because we need to show it on our phones on vaccination day.

However, the process I went through did not result in a copy of the vaccination card with my photo, hence I fear the registration was unsuccessful.

Doc67, have you any indication that you were indeed registered?

BKK Phil
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

another fear for conspiratorialists
is whether the vaccines supplied to cambodia are what they say they are
those fears may not be soothed by the fact the army will be administering the shots

lol

monstra mihi bona!
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Phnom Poon wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:30 pm another fear for conspiratorialists
is whether the vaccines supplied to cambodia are what they say they are
those fears may not be soothed by the fact the army will be administering the shots

lol
If it says made in China you won't know what it is they give you, good health in the future but I suspect not.
Cambodia is a dumping ground for all their faulty goods so why would this be any different
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

BKK Phil wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:44 pm
Doc67 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:17 am
timmydownawell wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:45 am
Doc67 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:28 am
timmydownawell wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:23 am Click on 5 to register. But on the form there are a number of drop down boxes to select your sex/city/khan/sangkat/etc from lists.
I'm recruiting a translator. Registration = Lunch. Maybe she will go for it.
You also need to upload a photo (I presume this is ID) so have your passport handy.
Further to this issue, yesterday I managed to register for the vaccination. The process will require you to have to hand the following information beyond just your name and DOB etc:

Your passport Number; Your address: City - Khan - Sangkat and village number. If you are registered with the sangkat you'll find that number on the form.

You'll also be asked to select your employment/profession. I never really got to the bottom of this one, I put professional and teacher (which I am not) as my translator could not explain exactly what all the others were. We'll have to see how that one plays out. See image of the job descriptions below - if anyone can translate precisely then please do.

There is also a box which you can tick about if you have any illness'. If you have a bit of hypertension then you may qualify.

There is another box which asks about any allergies. I assume this is about allergic reactions. Leave that one blank.
Again, these boxes are shown below and if anyone wants to confirm or correct the translation I was given PLEASE DO SO.

Finally, when you hit the send button the spinning wheel comes up and never seems to go away. There is a box that comes up which I never got to the bottom of what it was, but I hit it anyway, and then the spinning stopped and it went back to a black form again.

I thought I was back to square one so I completed it all again, but this time when I hit the send button it was refused as my passport number and phone number box was then highlighted in red. I have taken this to mean that I am registered.

There has been no text to confirm that I am registered.

If anyone has any further or different experiences then please let us all know.

Jobs List

Choices

Tick boxes - understood to be (left) Current illness' and (right) Allergies/reactions
Dear Doc67:

Within the past hour, I just completed what I believed to be a successful vaccine application on the gov't app with the owner of my apartment building.

Everything went well, I thought, and I finally hit the "send" button and up came the spinning wheel. A box popped up which said "OK" and I hit that and the spinning wheel stopped and a blank form came up again.

I am told however that a successful application is followed by a page that shows a copy of your vaccination card with the photo uploaded at the end of the application process. And I was told to take a screenshot of that photo page because we need to show it on our phones on vaccination day.

However, the process I went through did not result in a copy of the vaccination card with my photo, hence I fear the registration was unsuccessful.

BKK Phil
Hi Phil

I didn't get any conformation so I attempted to repeat the process and it was bounced back with my passport number and name highlighted in red. I assumed that meant those identifiers were now in their system and couldn't be used again. I took that as confirmation.

There was no such screen showing any card but I registered when the site first went live and It may have been altered now to show the vax card on a confirmation screen.

I know someone who got a vax and they went to their Sangkat and they had a record of the registration. I would pay them a visit and take a few 20,000 riel notes in case you need a letter or 3.

Hope this helps
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

You can just log in again and see your completed screen with your photo anytime (and also make changes if you need to).

My Sangkat told me to come back next month and now it's next month so I will try again soon. Perhaps wait and see if we get upgraded to a yellow zone first.
BKK Phil
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BKK Phil »

Dear Doc67:

BKK Phil

Hi Phil

I didn't get any conformation so I attempted to repeat the process and it was bounced back with my passport number and name highlighted in red. I assumed that meant those identifiers were now in their system and couldn't be used again. I took that as confirmation.

There was no such screen showing any card but I registered when the site first went live and It may have been altered now to show the vax card on a confirmation screen.

I know someone who got a vax and they went to their Sangkat and they had a record of the registration. I would pay them a visit and take a few 20,000 riel notes in case you need a letter or 3.

Hope this helps

1 May, 2021

Hello Doc67:

I too, in multiple tries, came up with encircled passport number, and have been told the message in red was something to the effect that all is fine. Albeit no pop-up Vaccination card as a confirmation. I have been told that a screenshot of the Vax card is needed when showing up for the (first) jab.

I will pay a visit to the local Sangkat and see whether I can get their confirmation.

Many thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic