Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
User avatar
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Posts: 1698
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 4:25 pm
Reputation: 641
Nigeria

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:51 am ^ There is a trend, and not just in Asia, where high society, politicians, movie stars etc, have caught and spread the coronavirus because they don't think that the normal rules apply to them. However, Covid is the great leveller which does not care if you are rich, powerful, beautiful ,or famous.

But there's still a basic inequality among the Covid infections, where the people who spread the virus will have good medical care because they can afford it, while others will get sick, lose their jobs, or have to spend two weeks separated from family, just because some people don't give a shit. As you say, very selfish.
I came out tonight because I thought it's likely the last chance I'll get for a fortnight. I chatted to some girls in normal little bars and 2 weeks is make or break for them, we are talking rent and food just the total basics. These are just decent friendly people who will not qualify for any govt aid because they are casual workers.

I'm personally shitting big on the Thai system because of what I see happening and the total injustice of it all. I saw Indonesia snap in the late 90's, it's sad to see how much the Thai population are prepared to bend over and take because of 1 sick individual and the patronage
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
User avatar
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Posts: 1698
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 4:25 pm
Reputation: 641
Nigeria

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I'll caveat the above of course by the fact it's not my country, and I can leave at any time, but I do care about a place I fell in love with 25 years ago.

From the decline I've seen over the last few years " The Land of Smiles" marketing slogan seems about as outdated as New Kid's " Kingdom of Wonder " bullshit.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 12607
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 3360
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

ahhh Pattaya
Image
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
Alex
Expatriate
Posts: 823
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 2:09 am
Reputation: 576
Location: Bangkok
United States of America

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Alex »

@Cowshed Cowboy I agree with everything you wrote, but I think these bar closures will last A LOT longer than the initial two weeks they've announced. A horrible situation for all who work there indeed, and I'm pretty sure many other kinds of businesses will be ordered to close again as well in the coming days and weeks.
User avatar
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Posts: 1698
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 4:25 pm
Reputation: 641
Nigeria

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Alex wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:06 am @Cowshed Cowboy I agree with everything you wrote, but I think these bar closures will last A LOT longer than the initial two weeks they've announced. A horrible situation for all who work there indeed, and I'm pretty sure many other kinds of businesses will be ordered to close again as well in the coming days and weeks.
Wouldn't surprise me and given the mobility of labour I'm not confident the location targeted model they are eventually planning here will be any more effective than the general age based approach the UK, for example, has followed. It could well end up being a slower solution if the transmission pattern shown by current events are anything to go by.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
User avatar
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Posts: 1698
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 4:25 pm
Reputation: 641
Nigeria

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:02 am ahhh Pattaya
Image
Lol, her spelling's better than yours. :plus1:
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
User avatar
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Posts: 1391
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:42 pm
Reputation: 491
Location: Bangkok
Canada

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by ExPenhMan »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:18 am
Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:51 am ^ There is a trend, and not just in Asia, where high society, politicians, movie stars etc, have caught and spread the coronavirus because they don't think that the normal rules apply to them. However, Covid is the great leveller which does not care if you are rich, powerful, beautiful ,or famous.

But there's still a basic inequality among the Covid infections, where the people who spread the virus will have good medical care because they can afford it, while others will get sick, lose their jobs, or have to spend two weeks separated from family, just because some people don't give a shit. As you say, very selfish.
I came out tonight because I thought it's likely the last chance I'll get for a fortnight. I chatted to some girls in normal little bars and 2 weeks is make or break for them, we are talking rent and food just the total basics. These are just decent friendly people who will not qualify for any govt aid because they are casual workers.

I'm personally shitting big on the Thai system because of what I see happening and the total injustice of it all. I saw Indonesia snap in the late 90's, it's sad to see how much the Thai population are prepared to bend over and take because of 1 sick individual and the patronage
Right on. First, yes, very "decent, friendly people" are everywhere on the ground here. You just hate to think how close each one is to barely having enough to eat today, never mind tomorrow.

Second, the COVID situation has made the REAL Thailand just that little bit more transparent. When was the last time you saw the likes of the cabinet, military, police and provincial governor millionaires fund emergency kitchens and shelter for the pandemic victims? And we would have heard about it with dozens of press photos and videos of the obscenely rich, with their expensive uniforms and fake badges, getting their shoes dirty. You're right, ZERO times. The governing mafia could not be bothered, for even one moment, to giving them a thought, never mind directly helping out their millions of fellow citizens.

It's a very sick society that leaves the bulk of the population to scrabble for the droppings of this thieving government.
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 12607
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 3360
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

Ground zero of latest Thai coronavirus outbreak was Krystal hostess club on Thonglor. Transport minister Saksayam Chidchob, spokesman Sansern Kaewkamnerd, and the Japanese ambassador all caught it there. So many cabinet ministers visit the club it’s nicknamed “Government House 2”

we had ONE person ( band member at the Krystal club in Bangkok) come down to Phuket and attended three parties hosted on the island on the 3rd ( In Kamala and Patong) tested POSITIOE BEFORE she travelled down and still went to 3 parties causing our first outbreak in over 103 days!!

this is being safe at the cafe del mar in Kamala
Image

The parties were attended by many Bangkok Privileged youth that flew down, ( plus our own local hi-so's for the special parties.

the rich and connected in thailand are above the law>>>>Now the whole country is going to pay for it ;-(
Image
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
yong
Expatriate
Posts: 2901
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:03 pm
Reputation: 1795
Thailand

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by yong »

Image

Image

Looks like this is getting out of hand
User avatar
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Posts: 1698
Joined: Thu May 15, 2014 4:25 pm
Reputation: 641
Nigeria

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

30% of Songkran bookings to Hua Hin cancelled already since the Thonglor cluster impact in what appears to be a rapidly rising level of panic, another tourist town that's getting badly pummelled. I believe of hotels that are currently open in Pattaya they were reporting booking levels of 70% pre Thonglor.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: yong and 171 guests