Greenies V. China (and the political establishment)

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Greenies V. China (and the political establishment)

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

The centre- left previous government of Greenland probably would have dug up and sold it's uranium and rare earths to China.
The parties on the right definitely would have.
(totally normal behaviour for most of the money-grubby BigBiz-focussed treacherous major parties of the West. Centre left or centre right)

Thank God for the greenie Inuit Ataqatigiit party!!

Greenland’s leftwing anti-mine party wins snap election

Greenland’s main opposition party, which is against an international mining project involving uranium and other metals on the Arctic island, has emerged as the biggest party after winning more than a third of votes in an early parliamentary election.

The left-leaning Community of the People party (Inuit Ataqatigiit) secured 37% of the votes, entitling it to 12 seats in the Greenlandic national assembly, the 31-seat Inatsisartut.

At the heart of the election was a proposed international mining project by Greenland Minerals, an Australia-based company with Chinese ownership, which is seeking a licence to operate the Kvanefjeld mine in southern Greenland.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... p-election

(don't be deceived by the "Australian" mining company's place of registration. It is Chinese and all the radioactive shit would have gone there)
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Greenies V. China (and the political establishment)

Post by Clutch Cargo »

(don't be deceived by the "Australian" mining company's place of registration. It is Chinese and all the radioactive shit would have gone there)
Probably splitting hairs but it is an Australian company but with a Chinese largest shareholder. And as I understand it, rare earths was the main resource with uranium a by product.

I wonder whether the Chinese will pull out now and sell their shares?

I had a small stake in GGG (ASX) and it was down 44% today before going into a trading halt. Ouch! Oh well, it was a speculative punt. :cry:
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

lol.
Sorry to hear that Clutch.
big grin

Jokes aside, it pays to closely watch where your portfolio money goes - and exactly what it is doing.
I started reading the in-depth company reports when i was a school-boy investor during the nickel mining boom of 1969. Now i just find it a fascinating recreation
- probably because I had lost all my stake money by about early 1970 :( but that taught me to really drill down into the info - and then read between the lines.
Thats why i cottoned on to Kris Energy's scam yonks ago. It was plain as day - if you drilled deep down.

Thanks heaps for adding weight to this little homily Clutch.
big grin - while trying to look concerned
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^
Damn you Stern, it's all coz of you lefties that I cant make a ten bagger out of this stock'.. :stir:

All I wanted to do was get on the rare earth bandwagon..

Anyway, go ahead and shed your crocodile tears..

SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Ok Clutch, you've paid your dues.
Would you like to join this little Short racket us greenies have got going.?

(psst, oil and gas will still be the best Short game in town for a little while yet
They've got billions in assets still left to strand - and we got the ammo to bring the numbers right down)
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^
Actually, I was led to believe rare earths were an essential component in producing renewables infrastructure to combat climate change and so, move away from fossil fuels.

I think I got sold a pup..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic