Swab test before leaving Cambodia?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Swab test before leaving Cambodia?

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:20 am @daeum_tnaot not sure, the registration option wasn't available any of the times I had to get tested. May as well do it, might save you some time.
I am hearing lots of story's of people in quarantine waiting 3 days for their results back. My friend is just out today, Monday, after having his 13 day test last Thursday. I know these are not high priority.

Are the travel tests and certificates getting priority as people have airline bookings?
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:17 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:20 am @daeum_tnaot not sure, the registration option wasn't available any of the times I had to get tested. May as well do it, might save you some time.
I am hearing lots of story's of people in quarantine waiting 3 days for their results back. My friend is just out today, Monday, after having his 13 day test last Thursday. I know these are not high priority.

Are the travel tests and certificates getting priority as people have airline bookings?
Yikes that’s scary
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:17 pm

Yea, the testing facilities are overwhelmed at the moment, some people have reported waiting up 96 hours for their day 13 test results and release from quarantine :x I hope it's calmed down a bit when I arrive back soon!

The pre-flight testing at NIPH is guaranteed for results the following day...it needs to be or else it will impact peoples travel plans.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

daeum_tnaot wrote:
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:33 am @daeum_tnaot disregard the post about relocation of testing, they only relocated for 2 days during the initial Feb outbreak. Testing is back at the NIPH now...

The only clinic in PP authorised to conduct PCR testing for the purpose of overseas travel is the National Institute of Public Health - NIPH

https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZWUDMbtGdiZkRtbv6

- Open 7 days for testing, including public holidays
- 0730-1200hrs/1330-1730hrs
- Cost is $130
- must take your passport
- Medical Certificate and lab report are issued the following day between 1700 - 1900hrs, regardless of what time you get tested the day before
- Medical Certificate is dated the day issued, lab report states date/time sample collected
- You can register beforehand at
https://www.nphl.niph.org.kh/covid19/en

Hi PSD Kiwi, that's great, thank you! SO we can do it on the weekend. We are looking at a last minute departure.

As far as you are aware, is there any advantage to registering in advance?
I did my test Wednesday, results and certificate collected 5:30pm Thursday, Flew out on Friday

I registered online beforehand, it meant I didn’t have to fill out paperwork when I arrived and just showed them a screenshot of my registration(it has a barcode)

Also required is to show your flights, I didn’t yet have my flights booked so when i was in the queue i just screenshot the flight details of the flight i was planning to get, all they checked was the day of departure and destination (i think its just for proof your test is for travel)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Also to note its
$130 PCR test and flight certificate
$150 PCR & antibody test and flight certificate

Just incase you want to find out if you’ve already had covid and already got antibodies, they also do the antibody test

daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:58 pm Also to note its

Just incase you want to find out if you’ve already had covid and already got antibodies, they also do the antibody test

Hi, thanks, that's interesting about the antibody test. I wasn't aware that's an option.

So it's possible to be negative for Covid but you have the antibody? In this case you would be allowed to fly?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

For those who are travelling to a country with short timing restrictions in regards to the PCR test, the Institut Pasteur du Cambodge can conduct testing on site with same day results.

This is not available for everyone - only for those who require faster turn around of results due to PCR test requirements of their final destination.

You MUST make an appointment via email, and you are required to attach your flight tickets and a copy of your passport bio-page.

Costs 75$ including certificate.

Thank you for your email. We have well noted your appointment on Saturday 24 April 2021 from 7h30am to 9am.

Thank you to read carefully the email below:

If you didn’t already send us in your previous mail, thank you to send BEFORE your appointment all the information we need:
• The list of all the patients with : Last name, First name, Date of Birth, Sex, Nationality
• The complete Lab request form of Ministry of Health (Patient’s information part) (see attached) for each patient: don’t forget to mention how many times you have already been tested for COVID-19.
• Copy (picture etc…) of your Passport

You can find attached the process for your appointment, thank you to read it.

I allow myself to insist: the day of your appointment, please wear a mask and call the secretary (012 812 003) when you arrive at IPC. A secretary will come to pick you up and bring you to the sampling room. Indeed, in order to always minimize the possible risk of contamination, we prefer that patients who come for COVID screening don’t cross the other patients of the Laboratory.

Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have other questions.

Best regards,
Afiny
Reception and customer service

Institut Pasteur du Cambodge
5, Monivong blvd
PO box 983 - Phnom-Penh
Kingdom of CAMBODIA
Tel: + 855 (0)23 428 561 (ext. 212)
Mobile: + 855 (0)12 812 003
Email: [email protected]
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

3 cheers for @PSD-Kiwi

Collectively, we owe him many a beer. :beer3:

Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:03 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:58 pm Also to note its

Hi, thanks, that's interesting about the antibody test. I wasn't aware that's an option.

So it's possible to be negative for Covid but you have the antibody? In this case you would be allowed to fly?
yeah the antibody test doesnt mean you currently have covid it just means youve got antibodies in your system which means at some point in the past youve had covid, it doesnt effect flight
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Hi can a usa citizen transit through a Taiwanese airport on EVA air?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic