Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Information on Coronavirus in Cambodia from 8 March 2020 (Latest Updates)

Post by Kammekor »

Maybe I should explain myself a bit more. I'm not scared about this virus, and I think Cambodia has been a great place to sit out this pandemic until let's say a month ago.

The government has shifted to 'freaking fear mode' a few weeks ago, making life a lot more difficult for everyone in Cambodia, in order to pretend they're controlling 'the outbreak'. They clearly aren't. Since they aren't I hope / suggest them to go back to the old normal and my guess is not much will change if we all do. Some people will report in ill, some will die, but most of it will go by unnoticed just like in the 13 months before the switch to 'freaking fear mode'.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

....They're calling on people to have themselves tested and isolated, or else 'they will make them'. Yeah, sure. They've got no clue who these people are who have been selling in the market during that period, and market sellers without symptoms won't report themselves at the designated high school by themselves.... Finding out who those sellers are will take them days, maybe a week, assuming they can ever find out.
LOL:
yea, go an have a test and TAKE the chance ur positive an than need to self isolate for 14 days with NO INCOME>
yea that's going to work.....
VS<
just ignore u were there and hope u dont get sick an die, after all, only 21 deaths out of 16 million ....
chances are high u will get thru it AND NOT lose any income
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Kammekor wrote:Maybe I should explain myself a bit more. I'm not scared about this virus, and I think Cambodia has been a great place to sit out this pandemic until let's say a month ago.

The government has shifted to 'freaking fear mode' a few weeks ago, making life a lot more difficult for everyone in Cambodia, in order to pretend they're controlling 'the outbreak'. They clearly aren't. Since they aren't I hope / suggest them to go back to the old normal and my guess is not much will change if we all do. Some people will report in ill, some will die, but most of it will go by unnoticed just like in the 13 months before the switch to 'freaking fear mode'.
Yes agree with that mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:50 pm
....They're calling on people to have themselves tested and isolated, or else 'they will make them'. Yeah, sure. They've got no clue who these people are who have been selling in the market during that period, and market sellers without symptoms won't report themselves at the designated high school by themselves.... Finding out who those sellers are will take them days, maybe a week, assuming they can ever find out.
LOL:
yea, go an have a test and TAKE the chance ur positive an than need to self isolate for 14 days with NO INCOME>
yea that's going to work.....
VS<
just ignore u were there and hope u dont get sick an die, after all, only 21 deaths out of 16 million ....
chances are high u will get thru it AND NOT lose any income
Not often that I agree with PR but his analysis of current action by the government is spot on in my opinion.
And it's the reason I go phone-less when I leave the house these days. I take all preventative measures including masking up and maintaining a good distance between anyone I interact with and I believe that is more than sufficient.
Last edited by IraHayes on Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

72 New Cases of Covid-19 Reported; One Death of a 35-year-old Cambodian:

COVID-19: Daily Cases Remain High; another Death Recorded
AKP Phnom Penh, April 06, 2021 --

The number of daily infections of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in Cambodia remains high with the detection of 72 new cases; the tally increased to 2,824.

According to the Ministry of Health’s a press release issued this morning, the new positive cases are a 28-year-old Indian passenger arriving in Cambodia on April 4 from India via South Korea, and 71 locally-transmitted cases – 67 Cambodians, 3 Chinese and 1 Burmese aged from 5 to 66 years old.

Phnom Penh capital took the lead with 32 new cases, followed by Preah Sihanouk province 22, Kandal province 9, Siem Reap and Pursat provinces 3 each, and Prey Veng and Kampot provinces 1 each.

Meanwhile, 47 COVID-19 patients have recovered. They include a 31-year-old Chinese passenger and 46 community cases: 42 Cambodians and 4 Chinese in Phnom Penh capital and the provinces of Takeo, Thbong Khmum and Kampong Thom. They all have been allowed to be discharged after being tested negative twice consecutively.

The total cured cases in the Kingdom now rose to 1,794, with 22 deaths. The new death case is a Cambodian man of 35 years old living in Mesang district, Prey Veng province. He passed away at the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital in Phnom Penh on April 5, before getting his positive test result.

By C. Nika
AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

another young one :O
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:48 pm Maybe I should explain myself a bit more. I'm not scared about this virus, and I think Cambodia has been a great place to sit out this pandemic until let's say a month ago.

Could not agree with you any more with what you have said, Cambodia has had something on its side for a very longtime. Looking at the numbers, population, testing, between Cambodia and Vietnam. Cambodia is tallying up the death rate unfortunately. It more than likely did from the start, so many seem die here with heart attack as the cause. It seems at first the low numbers of the virus, made the officials look very good at controlling and treating the people who had succumbed to covid19, and until now they had been very few incidents. But now going back a few months it does seem to be an accumulation of events that have led to the numbers we have now, it seemed to start around the time, when the country was asking for vaccines, or not long after. The possible uncontrolled flow of migrant workers fleeing the out brake of covod19 in Thailand. Then last the quarantined people absconding their quarantine time.
Now the word is the covid is not that of what was here firstly, but now that of a more deadly strain, this is now affecting the young too. We know too the old and ill are very vulnerable.
I have no idea what the medication is here for the covid treatment, before anti-malaria medicines were used like there was in many countries, that time the WHO was concerned due to stocks getting low.

Always "hope" but never "expect".
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Inter-provincial travel ban with effect midnight tonight until 20th April

samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

Could you check the document? I have been advised just now its from midnight tomorrow night.

Just had a Khmer person read the document. He confirmed its from tomorrow night.
Last edited by samrong01 on Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Could be tomorrow night, but from what I can tell it says zero hours 7th April, so I interpret that as 0001hrs 07th April, which is tonight.
Last edited by PSD-Kiwi on Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic