Posters who are just here to shit on Cambodia.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Posters who are just here to shit on Cambodia.

Post by Freightdog »

cambo swa wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:57 pm
John Bingham wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:21 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:05 pm I don't see why anyone would need to have a problem with that
Most of us would agree on that, it's a fine establishment with great food.
Harry's is not the point. I like Harry's as well but I wouldn't go so far as "great food". The point is that poster constantly throws out his personal advert for that particular restaurant as if he is their marketing manager (others have made the same comment previously). If he is, then he should be placing a paid advertisement on CEO. As Azure does. Why does Azure have to pay? Can I take Larry's daily menu off of Facebook and post it on CEO for free? Or Metro?
Oh, dear. Do you want your hug back? It’s here, unused.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I thought @Doc67 was involved with Harry's based on the posts. The posts about Harry's (like Roz and her CV business) are more useful than anything else so I don't know why CEO would try to limit them. Regardless of Doc being involved or not.

I'd like to see more posts like for other businesses, not less. More posts about various good deals/meals/specials around town.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

There is nothing wrong in doing a promotion on your favourite hangout. I prefer this kind of promotions than paid banners all over the site.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Alternatively, move on, don’t go to Harry’s, don’t eat at Harry’s, don’t drink at Harry’s. It’s not hard fellas. Were I there right now, it’s possible I’d go to Harry’s. I might go to Larry’s. Maybe Carl’s Jr. Or somewhere else I know. Jeez, is this the most important topic of conversation we can muster, on a thread about those that shit on Cambodia? It’s the one thing Doc ISN’T doing. Quite the bloody opposite. FFS.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

As an objective opinion, yes there is much about KOW that is shit. Try following Google maps in Siem Reap for example without falling into man made sink holes and craters. Volumes of dust in the air that block out stars at night and choke you during the day. Traffic cops whose only interest is personal revenue gathering from foreigners, its an endless list. The point being, name one country without serious faults? China? The UK? The US? They are all shit in one way or another. Those of us who live here have made a decision that it is probably less shit here than elsewhere and we put up with the various daily ordeals because we have, despite the shit, a comfortable lifestyle that we would not get in a first world country for the same price. But complaining? Why the f*** not? Like the weather, or the horrendous UK royal family, or the origins of the universe, complaining about the country and its many failings is a constant source of conversation that should not be denied to any expat, especially poms. To misquote Boris Johnson, any man who is tired of talking shit about Cambodia is tired of life. And should be taken out back and 'put to sleep'.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

I like how someone is getting all bent out of shape about some restaurant getting free advertising.

Like he'd see any of the add revenue anyway.

If General Mack is not opening his chubby soup-cooler about it........then I say 'fuck it'. Lets talk about Harry's all day long.

It's not like we receive or lose money over it. Gen Mack makes add revenue, not us..........if he's got a problem about Harry's being mentioned too much......

.........he's more than capable of piping up and letting us know where the bear shits in the woods. :thumb:

Anyway, most recently I had the Denver omelette and it was delectable. And I like how one of the waitresses dresses quite sexy......even at 10:45am. :thumb:

GO HARRY"S!!!!!!!!!!!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Brody wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:16 am Anyway, most recently I had the Denver omelette and it was delectable. And I like how one of the waitresses dresses quite sexy......even at 10:45am. :thumb:

GO HARRY"S!!!!!!!!!!!
If I recall well she's got a Dutch boyfriend. :stir:
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I hope there isn't a fatal Covid cluster outbreak in Harry's, it would decimate this forum.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Brody wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:16 am I like how someone is getting all bent out of shape about some restaurant getting free advertising.

Like he'd see any of the add revenue anyway.

If General Mack is not opening his chubby soup-cooler about it........then I say 'fuck it'. Lets talk about Harry's all day long.

It's not like we receive or lose money over it. Gen Mack makes add revenue, not us..........if he's got a problem about Harry's being mentioned too much......

.........he's more than capable of piping up and letting us know where the bear shits in the woods. :thumb:

Anyway, most recently I had the Denver omelette and it was delectable. And I like how one of the waitresses dresses quite sexy......even at 10:45am. :thumb:

GO HARRY"S!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you sure that wasn't me?

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:41 am
Brody wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:16 am Anyway, most recently I had the Denver omelette and it was delectable. And I like how one of the waitresses dresses quite sexy......even at 10:45am. :thumb:

GO HARRY"S!!!!!!!!!!!
If I recall well she's got a Dutch boyfriend. :stir:
At least he doesn't make her wear clogs.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic