Posters who are just here to shit on Cambodia.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Posters who are just here to shit on Cambodia.

Post by atst »

Brody wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:03 am Oh, and I must say that for @John Bingham to create such a thread and then not defend his position speaks volumes about him, at least to me.

At least have the courage of your convictions...........don't make a shit-stirring thread and then slink off into the background.
He's probably busy pissing himself laughing at the people who took the bait
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

atst wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:09 am
Brody wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:03 am Oh, and I must say that for @John Bingham to create such a thread and then not defend his position speaks volumes about him, at least to me.

At least have the courage of your convictions...........don't make a shit-stirring thread and then slink off into the background.
He's probably busy pissing himself laughing at the people who took the bait
Probably.

And if that's the extent of his contributions to CEO then he should probably just fuck off back to 440 permanently. :thumb:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:26 am thanks for being brave enough to go against the tide of the sheep that seem to enjoy dumping on others

attacking someone via a keyboard behind an an Anonymous name, is childish, immature an totally uncalled for
Yourself and New Kid make good posts too, and I've often up-voted these. However I don't understand why you constantly dump on Cambodia, you do it all the time and it's tiresome.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

cambo swa wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:37 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:23 am Well, I was in good spirits before opening up this nuclear first strike thread. I need cheering up now.

I think I'll go to Harry's for a succulent roast beef lunch washed down by lashings of red wine...yummy.

If anyone else needs cheering up after reading this thread, here's the details:

Why do CEO mods allow Doc's ad nauseam advertisements for Harry's without compensation? So all posters are permitted to promote a business every time we log on?
Why.... ? Maybe because there’s nothing harmful, and the image is quite cheerful. I’m not a big fan of Sunday roasts, generally, but the idea of a good time over good food, and with good company is quite appealing. I guess you’ll not be partaking?

So there you have it- out of two negatives, 4 positives. That’s got to be good in anyone’s book.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

to be fair, a large number of posters frequent Harrys, and they, like many of the other regular customers, get treated very well there, and so want to help support a business during these tough times, i don't see why anyone would need to have a problem with that
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:05 pm I don't see why anyone would need to have a problem with that
Most of us would agree on that, it's a fine establishment with great food.

Unfortunately it's in Cambodia and once you go outside you will be faced with landmines, corruption, sex trafficking, brutal murder by death squads and filth etc. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:21 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:05 pm I don't see why anyone would need to have a problem with that
Harry's is not the point. I like Harry's as well but I wouldn't go so far as "great food". The point is that poster constantly throws out his personal advert for that particular restaurant as if he is their marketing manager (others have made the same comment previously). If he is, then he should be placing a paid advertisement on CEO. As Azure does. Why does Azure have to pay? Can I take Larry's daily menu off of Facebook and post it on CEO for free? Or Metro?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

^^
Why not contact Admin and ask ? You know, the wise man at the top of the hill. (He who decides these things.)
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

End H****'s tyranny
:thumb:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

cambo swa wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:57 pm
John Bingham wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:21 pm
Harry's is not the point. I like Harry's as well but I wouldn't go so far as "great food". The point is that poster constantly throws out his personal advert for that particular restaurant as if he is their marketing manager (others have made the same comment previously). If he is, then he should be placing a paid advertisement on CEO. As Azure does. Why does Azure have to pay? Can I take Larry's daily menu off of Facebook and post it on CEO for free? Or Metro?
Citation please.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic