Posters who are just here to shit on Cambodia.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Posters who are just here to shit on Cambodia.

Post by Big Daikon »

Freightdog wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:03 pm the whole reason for Cambodia’s existence is as a massive knocking shop.
Now we're talkin'!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Big Daikon wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:23 pm
Freightdog wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:03 pm the whole reason for Cambodia’s existence is as a massive knocking shop.
Now we're talkin'!
looks like im just in time
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:23 am Well, I was in good spirits before opening up this nuclear first strike thread. I need cheering up now.

I think I'll go to Harry's for a succulent roast beef lunch washed down by lashings of red wine...yummy.

If anyone else needs cheering up after reading this thread, here's the details:

Why do CEO mods allow Doc's ad nauseam advertisements for Harry's without compensation? So all posters are permitted to promote a business every time we log on?
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

cambo swa wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:37 pm Why do CEO mods allow Doc's ad nauseam advertisements for Harry's without compensation? So all posters are permitted to promote a business every time we log on?
Secretly Cambodia is controlled by a shadow cabal of Harry's patrons.
:thumb:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

cambo swa wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:37 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:23 am Well, I was in good spirits before opening up this nuclear first strike thread. I need cheering up now.

I think I'll go to Harry's for a succulent roast beef lunch washed down by lashings of red wine...yummy.

Why do CEO mods allow Doc's ad nauseam advertisements for Harry's without compensation? So all posters are permitted to promote a business every time we log on?
I think Doc67 was trying to tempt someone to go for Sunday lun with him.
Otherwise, mostly I don't see a problem with posters naming their favorite hangouts, but yeah, I think H***s roast dinners are getting sufficiently discussed on the food forum, so you do have a point.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:21 am
cambo swa wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:37 pm

I think Doc67 was trying to tempt someone to go for Sunday lun with him.
Otherwise, mostly I don't see a problem with posters naming their favorite hangouts, but yeah, I think H***s roast dinners are getting sufficiently discussed on the food forum, so you do have a point.
Actually I thought an OP and Title, which complains about negativity and yet names two regular contributors inviting them to fuck off, is about as negative as it gets. Quite why 16 people decided to consider it as a 'positive' post is beyond me.

I also don't like open and spiteful attacks on individual members who regularly contribute to this site. I find NKOTB's endless tales of his wife's settling into life in Texas mildly amusing and PR's take on Thailand and regular updates on Myanmar is a positive contribution, among many others. I don't find them particularly negative about Cambodia, but I am not looking out for it. The site is much better with them than without them. IF you don't like them, or any other member, just block them.

Outbursts like the OP will drive members away and deter our many lurkers from ever daring to make their first post, and this site has precious few regular contributors, but lots of shadowy members with less than 100 posts a year, never starting any useful and sustainable thread and a reputation to match.

I really didn't want to enter this fray, so I just hijacked a shitty thread with a shameless plug for my local. It was entirely intentional. The vast majority saw it for what it was, but there's always one.

AM, if you think I am going a bit too far I will desist.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

thanks for being brave enough to go against the tide of the sheep that seem to enjoy dumping on others

attacking someone via a keyboard behind an an Anonymous name, is childish, immature an totally uncalled for
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

@Doc67

Well said. It made me change my initial thoughts on the topic.

Probably bad form for the OP to name-check the two posters. We could have had the discussion with out that.

I agree with your thoughts that the forum is better with them than without.

They're not so toxic as to pollute the entire existence of CEO. Only Gavinmac does that. :mrgreen:

Oh and keep up the the Harry's notifications. I would have missed out on some good meals without your posts.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

KTabi wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:51 pm
cambo swa wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:37 pm Why do CEO mods allow Doc's ad nauseam advertisements for Harry's without compensation? So all posters are permitted to promote a business every time we log on?
Secretly Cambodia is controlled by a shadow cabal of Harry's patrons.
I knew it! There was a hint at that the other night at the Darknet party. Can't remember a whole lot after the copious amounts of free drinks.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Oh, and I must say that for @John Bingham to create such a thread and then not defend his position speaks volumes about him, at least to me.

At least have the courage of your convictions...........don't make a shit-stirring thread and then slink off into the background.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic