Malaysian Man Found Dead in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Malaysian Man Found Dead in Phnom Penh

Post by John Bingham »

Soriya wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:41 pm
I get it, but thats not my definition of strangling
Fair enough, but just to be pedantic:
Hangings are in fact a type of strangulation, along with ligature strangulation and manual strangulation. Hangings and strangulations can all be accidental, self-inflicted (e.g. in suicide) or intentional (e.g. judicial hangings)
https://radiopaedia.org/articles/hangin ... ion-trauma
Silence, exile, and cunning.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

Very sad. I really hope this is not Peter Chai from Mok Mony restaurant. Looks like him though.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

ofparadise wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:30 pm Very sad. I really hope this is not Peter Chai from Mok Mony restaurant. Looks like him though.
It says his name is peter on the passport foto
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

ofparadise wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:30 pm Very sad. I really hope this is not Peter Chai from Mok Mony restaurant. Looks like him though.
While I really hope it is not related, Mok Mony did post a message about a week ago saying that they were closing down the restaurant because of the current bad business and their landlord raising the rent on them.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Is that his webpage? The covid and raising rents was taking a toll, forcing him to close.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Cameron_Newbe wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:14 pm According to another website it was a plastic bag over the head and a rubber band round the neck.

Either way, what a way to go.
That's hypoxia, a good way to go: euphoria then unconsciousness then death.

I nearly did it to myself a long time to ago. It was my daughters 2nd or 3rd birthday party. I did the usual trick of breathing in the helium from the balloons and talking in a high pitched voice. I kept on doing it, breathing in, exhaling in silly voice and repeating the process. I thought it was hilarious and was having a great time (euphoria), then I woke up in a heap on the floor with a crowd around me, and everyone really found that hilarious. It was amazingly quick.

"At least you know your ticker is ok" is all I got in the way of sympathy.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:46 am
Cameron_Newbe wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:14 pm According to another website it was a plastic bag over the head and a rubber band round the neck.

Either way, what a way to go.
That's hypoxia, a good way to go: euphoria then unconsciousness then death.

I nearly did it to myself a long time to ago. It was my daughters 2nd or 3rd birthday party. I did the usual trick of breathing in the helium from the balloons and talking in a high pitched voice. I kept on doing it, breathing in, exhaling in silly voice and repeating the process. I thought it was hilarious and was having a great time (euphoria), then I woke up in a heap on the floor with a crowd around me, and everyone really found that hilarious. It was amazingly quick.

"At least you know your ticker is ok" is all I got in the way of sympathy.
haha me and my mate did that once, there was a fair on in the ASDA carpark in our village, and they had a big helium canister in the lobby blowing up helium balloons and me and my mate kept going back and getting more and more, then we both ended up passing out
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:12 am Is that his webpage? The covid and raising rents was taking a toll, forcing him to close.
Sadly it is.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic