Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Information on Coronavirus in Cambodia from 8 March 2020 (Latest Updates)

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:37 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:03 am
Have you actually tried to gargle for 30 seconds with a mouth full of Listerine? It's not as easy as it sounds. Bubbles come up in your mouth and get in your nose, you can't really exhale for 30 seconds and stopping and taking another deep breath with a mouth and nostrils full of bubbles is a messy business.

I going for 3 x 10 seconds at a time. It took ages to clean the mirror.

It gonna cost a fortune in Listerine too.
Use small amount, mouth full is too much.

Looking forward to your report on the 1% J&J Baby Shampoo nasal rinse.

"Man drowns in shampoo"

A British man was found dead after drowning caused by a shampoo nasal rinse. The victim was trying not to die from Covid-19 and was attempting to.....

I think I'll give the nasal rinse a miss...
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

A second foreigner has died of Covid-19.

Cambodia Registers 19th COVID-19-related Death
AKP Phnom Penh, April 03, 2021 --

Another patient of COVID-19 has lost his life; bringing the total death cases in Cambodia to 19, announced the Ministry of Health in a press release this afternoon.

The new victim is a Korean man of 48 years old living in Bella Vita Apartment St. 51 in Phnom Penh, pointed out the source, adding that he was tested positive for the deadly virus on Mar. 31 and was admitted to the Chak Angre Health Centre in the capital.

He passed away on April 2, at 13:30, due to severe acute respiratory crisis and severe pneumonia infected by COVID-19, after an unsuccessful all-out effort to save him, underlined the press release.

The Ministry of Health expressed its deepest sorrow and heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family.

The new death case is the second foreigner who died of COVID-19 in Cambodia, after a 43-year-old Chinese man in Koh Thom district, Kandal province.
- AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:23 am
This is yet another case of someone turning up at hospital at deaths door with the disease past the point of arrest.

It is also another person left in the community while severely infectious, and perhaps being looked after by family members who carry on going about their business and spreading the disease further.

I seriously wonder if these people realise they have it until it is too late or just have a serious aversion to getting dragged into the KSF hospital.

28 is very young to die from this thing.
As I understand it, and as a respiratory disease, Covid can trigger and quickly develop into a bacterial infection ie Bronchitis and then, the more serious Pneumonia. About 15 months ago, I developed what I (and DR Scott) thought at the time was the flu and went from a cough to Bronchitis within just 2 days..and he quickly administered antibiotic and decongestant. Within 3-4 days I was better but without that I risked something much more serious like Pneumonia.. With hindsight, I now wonder whether it was covid..

Anyway, the point I want to make is that..sadly, some khmers may be reluctant to go see a doctor and get antibiotics early to prevent something more serious due to lack of funds..and hence, end up very serious at a local hospital.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:08 pm A second foreigner has died of Covid-19.

a Korean man of 48 years old tested positive for the deadly virus on Mar. 31

He passed away on April 2,
I'm afraid that this may be more common amongst westerners/foreigners already living here, who come down with covid.

Waiting too long because you don't trust the facilities here.

I'm not saying that this is what this guy did but the dates are suspicious.

I have full health insurance with medivac and all the bells and whistles. If I thought I was coming down with covid could I go to Royal Phnom Penh Hospital for covid treatment?

Or do ALL covid patients have to go to the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital or whichever other one there is?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Brody wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:03 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:08 pm A second foreigner has died of Covid-19.

I'm afraid that this may be more common amongst westerners/foreigners already living here, who come down with covid.

I have full health insurance with medivac and all the bells and whistles. If I thought I was coming down with covid could I go to Royal Phnom Penh Hospital for covid treatment?

Or do ALL covid patients have to go to the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital or whichever other one there is?
I'm in the same situation as you with expat health insurance and yeah, I'd hope I had the choice to go to Royal Phnom Penh Hospital. But, that's a good question. Maybe seek advice from DR Gavin Scott in the first instance?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Six Test Positive for Covid-19 at Orussey Market

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): According to the report of the Orussey Market Management Committee, on April 2, 2021, there were 6 cases of Covid-19 detected at the market. Three of them are market sellers, one is the deputy chairman of the market, and the two others are security guards.
Currently, the market is still open, but the market commission has temporarily closed the stalls of the three sellers and the neighboring stalls and sprayed them with various disinfectants to kill the virus.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Khmer_Risotto
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Khmer_Risotto »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:16 pm
Brody wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:03 pm

I'm in the same situation as you with expat health insurance and yeah, I'd hope I had the choice to go to Royal Phnom Penh Hospital. But, that's a good question. Maybe seek advice from DR Gavin Scott in the first instance?
I'd be shocked if Royal allowed anyone suspected of having covid to be admitted to their hospital. I've also heard it is impossible or very difficult to get a medivac out of Cambodia right now no matter the health issue because of covid.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Khmer_Risotto wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:29 pm I'd be shocked if Royal allowed anyone suspected of having covid to be admitted to their hospital. I've also heard it is impossible or very difficult to get a medivac out of Cambodia right now no matter the health issue because of covid.
Fantastic

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

AFAIK the guidelines are clear. Only designated places can test for- or treat covid. Your chance of medivac once you contract a serious covid infection are in the single digits I guess. Say 0-9%.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:57 pm AFAIK the guidelines are clear. Only designated places can treat covid.

So Royal Phnom Penh Hospital is a no-go then?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic