Angkor Gold Corp Pursuing Oil and Gas Opportunities In Cambodia

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Angkor Gold Corp Pursuing Oil and Gas Opportunities In Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

October 31, 2019
Oil exploration in Kompong Som Basin off to a promising start
The oil exploration being conducted by Angkor Resources Corp at the Kompong Som Basin is off to a good start.

The company reported on its website that initial exploration points to the possibility of the area having commercial quantities of oil.

It said that there were several well-distributed oil seeps within and around its new Block VIII oil and gas licence. The 7,300-square-kilometres Block VIII is located within the Kompong Som Basin in the Kingdom’s southwest.

Oil seeps are crude oil or gas escaping through the earth’s atmosphere or surface. Often, the seeps indicate the presence of a substantial quantity of oil or gas reserves in the area.

“We are very pleased to have this data locating and testing seeps on our new oil and gas license,” said Angkor CEO Stephen Burega.

The report on the discovery of oil seeps was done by John Menzies, CEO of CMI Capital Ltd. The report documents 21 separate surface oil seeps and occurrences. Samples were taken and submitted to Schlumberger Ltd for confirmation. Schlumberger Ltd is one of the leading oilfield services providers in the world.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50655887/o ... ing-start/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Ankor Gold now called Angkor Resources Corp
I like fierce fighting, dirt-breathing, never say die underdogs so i have developed quite an affection for this little gutsy liitle Cambodian/Canadian exploration company. (very high praise indeed from a ratbag greenie)
Ten years of digging holes and microscopically examining termite mounds. (yep, a common and reliable way to find gold) Lots of traces but no real finds.

Unfortunately they seem to be clutching at straws in switching to oil.
The share price has been steadily sliding for the past five years and did not even blip at all the recent "promising" oil talk.
I would love them to strike a gusher - on land!

The undersea deposits that the disfunctional and nearly bankrupt KrisEnergy have their beady little eyes on are another story. They are a serious threat to my dolphins and everything else in the water.

*** KrisEnergy comes out of it's trading halt and court-supervised debt moratorium next week.
They were given that time to come up with a restructuring plan.
We should know then exactly what their plans are for developing Block A

PS SCOOP! I have found the super secret and so far unpublished royalty and profit sharing agreement between the government and KrisEnergy.
But i might get shot for publishing it. (any advice ??)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

December 18, 2019
Angkor president steps down in surprise move
John Paul Dau, the president of Angkor Resources Corp, [formerly known as Angkor Gold Corp], a Canadian company that owns several oil and mineral exploration licences in Cambodia, has stepped down from his position.

A company press release on Dec 10 said that Mr Dau has stepped down from his position effective immediately to pursue other opportunities in Canada.

A check of his LinkedIn profile shows that Mr Dau is now connected with Locrian Resources, a Canadian mineral exploration company with operations in Laos and Myanmar.

“Angkor would like to thank J.P. for his service to the Company for the past 10 years,” Mike Weeks, the company executive chairman, said. “And I am pleased that he will be available to Angkor as needed on a consulting basis in the future.”

Mr Dau was appointed president of Angkor Resources Corp in 2018. Prior to that, he served as the company’s vice president for operations. He has more than 20 years of experience managing various mining operations, land development businesses and related projects.

Mr Dau’s departure is surprising considering that Angkor Resources Corp is making headway in its quest for oil, gas and mineral deposits in Cambodia.

In addition to its oil and gas exploration license in the Kompong Som Basin, Angkor Resources Corp is also looking for gold, copper, silver and other minerals on its five mineral exploration licences covering 983 square kilometres, which are located mostly in the northeastern part of Cambodia.

Angkor Resources Corp’s search for oil in the Kompong Som Basin is off to a good start, with the company reporting last month that early signs point to substantial quantities of oil in the area.

Likewise, testing of gold-in-soil anomalies at its Koan Nheak licence in Mondulkiri province yielded positive results, increasing the possibility that substantial gold deposits are present.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50671083/a ... teps-down/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Angkor Resources reports multiple high-grade Cambodia samples
3 hours ago Resource World

Angkor Resources Corp. [ANK-TSXV; ANKOF-OTC] provided an update on the recently completed mapping and sampling program on its 100%-owned Andong Meas property in Cambodia.

Highlights:

• Multiple grab samples with gold from 3.08 g/t to 55.4 g/tonne gold;
• Significant gold target has been identified from samples collected over a north to south distance of more than 600 metres;
• Evidence of multiple mineralized epithermal quartz veins and skarn-type alteration across the licence, including the Wild Boar and Wild Monkey prospects.

“This program was designed to re-sample the higher grade showings around the Wild Boar prospect and to map and resample the quartz vein material found in the Canada Wall copper porphyry target,” stated Stephen Burega, CEO. “The northern most quartz vein float samples were collected over a north to south distance of more than 600 metres representing a new and significant gold target for the company.”

The samples provided in the table are selected samples and are not necessarily representative of the mineralization hosted on the property.

Sample Gold (g/t) Silver (g/t)
AM19-WB-01 9.09 3.0
AM19-WB-02 8.69 5.6
AM19-WB-03 3.08 1.5
AM19-WB-04 17.50 4.4
AM19-WB-05 55.40 9.8
AM19-WB-06 46.90 13.5

The mineralization from the area is polymetallic veins with gold, silver, copper, lead and zinc, with anomalous values of arsenic, bismuth, molybdenum, antimony and tellurium.

Ongoing exploration of the Andong Meas tenement included mapping and sampling around previously located high-grade float samples in the Wild Boar prospect area. Additional sampling was conducted in the area of historical gold veins north and west of the Canada Wall copper molybdenum porphyry target. Removal of the local forest by agriculturalists has made locating these historical workings much easier.
Full article: https://resourceworld.com/angkor-resour ... a-samples/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Angkor Resources’ Winning Formula: Strong Management, Great Assets and Excellent Exploration Upside in Cambodia.
29 June 2020
Full article: https://investorintel.com/sectors/gold- ... -cambodia/

Excellent exploration potential

Angkor’s exploration potential is massive and covers base metals, precious metals, and oil and gas, all in Cambodia. Six key exploration licences include:
    Andong Meas (187 km²) – Under-explored with potential for developing porphyry style mineralization and epithermal vein systems related to precious metal deposition. Past gold sampling has found samples of 20.9g/t and 19.7g/t.
    Banlung (150 km²) – Hommy 5 Resources Inc. has an earn in agreement (up to 70%) with Angkor retaining a 30% interest. Past exploration has found a “bonanza zone” which included an intercept of high grade gold at Okalla East of 86.0 g/t Au over 1m, at 101m to 102m.
    Koan Nheak (189 km²) Emerald Resources NL (ASX: EMR) has an earn in agreement with Angkor retaining a 20% interest. Prospective for gold and copper.
    Oyadao (222 km²) – Early stage exploration opportunities.
    Oyadao South Halo (235 km²) – Includes a copper-molybdenum-gold porphyry system with disseminated sulphides.
    Oil and gas license – Block VIII – Bought only in 2019 Angkor Resources has already discovered promising multiple oil seeps within their Block VIII license.

Note that 2 of the 5 licenses currently have exploration funding agreements in place with JV partners.

Angkor Resources has to date been a prolific and successful project generator in Cambodia. Not only does this look set to continue in the areas of precious and base metals, oil and gas; but recent very promising gold sampling of up to 55g/t Au on their 100% owned Andong Meas property means Angkor may one day have their own Cambodian gold resource/mine. Of course it is early days but the recent news is very encouraging.

Angkor Resources trades on a market cap of only C$8 million. They control almost 1,000 km² on land and another massive 7,300 km² of oil & gas licenses all in the under-explored country of Cambodia. Combine their strong management, great assets, and excellent exploration potential and you have potential for a very successful future.

Facebook
    Twitter
    YouTube
    Instagram
    CEOCambodiaNews
    Expatriate
    Cambodia

For those following Angkor Resources Corp. (ex-Angkor Gold Corp.) and their work in Cambodia:

EDITOR: Raj Shah | February 24th, 2021
    Stephen Burega provides an update on Cambodia’s 1st North American Publicly Traded Mineral Exploration Company

In a recent InvestorIntel interview Peter Clausi speaks with Stephen Burega, CEO of Angkor Resources Corp. (TSXV: ANK) about Angkor’s gold, and oil & gas projects in Cambodia. Angkor is the first North American publicly traded mineral exploration company in Cambodia with 5 licenses covering approximately 1000KM2.

In this InvestorIntel interview, which may also be viewed on YouTube (click here to subscribe to the InvestorIntel Channel), Stephen discussed how Angkor’s team has built strong relationships with local communities and all levels of government in Cambodia. He starts: “If you are not liked in the communities you are working in, it makes it very difficult regardless of the quality of assets…”

Adding that Angkor is the only company to have an onshore oil block in Cambodia, he provides an update on Angkor’s Oil and Gas license, and an update on the Andong Meas and Koan Nheak License.

https://investorintel.com/investorintel ... d-company/

Facebook
    Twitter
    YouTube
    Instagram
    SternAAlbifrons
    Expatriate
    Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I have a secret soft spot for dogged, hard dirt, genuine mineral exploration companies. and for field geologists.
    When i was young i had a couple of the best jobs and the best bush experiences of my life probing the farthest frontiers for diamonds and mineral sands - rutile, zircon and titanium.
    (i was always only the blackfella of the expeditions)
    But i suspect my affection and admiration for this resilient little explorer is going to rapidly dissipate if they ever they do finally hit a big pay load.

Nb, I am not against mining per se. I am a realist as well as an environmentalist.
    My big concern is that it is difficult enough for any developing nation to manage mining so that it actually becomes a net positive for the nation - modern history demonstrates the the exact opposite is usually the result.
    And my personal feeling is that Cambodia has not yet developed the kind of formal principals and processes that are needed to gain the best national advantages that mining can produce.

I really do wish Cambodia the very best from mining. God knows they need the cash.
    And offer them every encouragement to continue developing good, strong, open, natural resource policy - both on the environmental and the governance front.
    - because some reasonably big hits are sure to start popping up soon, and the results could go either way for the nation - small miracles, or near catastrophe.
    CEOCambodiaNews
    Expatriate
    Cambodia

Angkor Resources Identifies Multiple Quartz Veins and Gold Grains in Pits and Trenches on Wild Boar Gold Prospect, Cambodia

Cambodia Sampling Results

TSX VENTURE: ANK
    Mr. Stephen Burega reports:

Toronto, Ontario--(Newsfile Corp. - March 23, 2021) - Angkor Resources Corp. (TSXV: ANK) (OTC PINK: ANKOF) ("Angkor" or "the Company") CEO Stephen Burega is pleased to report that it's recent exploration program on it's 100% owned Wild Boar old Prospect continues to return positive results and demonstrates the prospective of Wild Boar as an epithermal gold system. The Company completed 80 test pits (see Figure below), and surface mapping at Wild Boar (WB) on its Andong Meas licence with many of the test pits containing angular gold grains and mapping identifying areas with multiple quartz veins.

Highlights Of Recent Program

Angular free gold in over 40% of the test pits suggesting the gold is close to source;
    Eighty (80) test pits were completed on six (6) lines on the northern portion of the WB prospect;
    Northeast trending and southeast shallow dipping quartz veins up to 0.50 metres in width were mapped in test pits;
    The proposed next phase of work will consist of a 10 line-kilometer Induced-Polarization (IP) survey in April;
    Based on results of the recently completed program and the upcoming IP survey, Angkor will plan a diamond drill program of approximately 1,000 metres.

The geophysical/geochemical programs and results to date suggest that the WB target is an epithermal gold occurrence related to the Canada Wall (CW) copper/molybdenum/gold porphyry center 3.5 kilometres to the west. Both are within the same intrusive complex with CW in the north-center and WB on the eastern flank.

"This is consistent with recent work which shows that eastern Cambodia was subjected to two separate mountain building tectonic events resulting in two separate intrusive rock forming events both of which are conducive to porphyry copper-gold-molybdenum and associated epithermal gold formation," stated Dennis Ouellette, VP of Exploration.

Stephen Burega, CEO, commented: "Angkor holds several exploration licenses with the potential to host copper porphyry occurrences, epithermal gold deposits, and related skarns and we believe that the Andong Meas license shows potential for all three."

The next phase of Angkor's work program will consist of a 10 line-kilometer Induced-Polarization (IP) survey in April. Compilation and interpretation of all data collected will then inform the Company on targeting an approximately 1,000 metre preliminary diamond drill program.

Map shows location of pitting program

Test Pit Program
    Eighty (80) test pits were completed on six lines on the northern portion of the Wild Boar prospect. It is very encouraging to note that 45% of the pits returned up to 15 gold grains with fine to medium grain sizes. The angular nature of some of the grains suggest a nearby source. The samples from the pits consisted of saprolite and weathered bedrock. Each sample was pan concentrated to determine the gold content. Most of the pits with gold also contained quartz vein material.
    Full article: https://www.juniorminingnetwork.com/jun ... bodia.html

Facebook
    Twitter
    YouTube
    Instagram
    techietraveller84
    Expatriate
    United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

I wonder if it'd be easier making money with Bitcoin mining than gold mining.
    CEOCambodiaNews
    Expatriate
    Cambodia

April 2, 2021
    Angkor Resources set to tap ‘Well of Gold’ in Ratanakiri
    Husain Haider / Khmer Times

Angkor Resources Corp is set to welcome a group of geophysicists next month to help identify drilling sites as it moves forward with phase two of its “Wild Boar” project in Andong Meas, Ratanakiri province.

The Canada-based company has identified eight prospective gold sites within the 209-square-kilometre region. The firm reported that 40 percent of its 80 test pits contained angular-free gold. The rounded fragments indicate that the precious metal may be close to the surface, according to the company. It is also searching for precious gems and copper.

Angkor Resources said that the Austhai Geophysical Consultants will help identify viable drilling sites using induced polarisation (IP). IP is an imaging technique that tests the electrical charge of sub-surface materials up to 500 metres deep.

“The Wild Boar prospect is Angkor’s top priority target and this IP programme will assist us in further developing our understanding of this epithermal gold target and the potential of a large porphyry-style system below,” Stephen Burega, Angkor Resources’s chief executive officer, said. Porphyry is a textural term for an igneous rock consisting of large-grained crystals.

Viable drill targets will be identified by a 14-kilometre IP line before a 1,000-metre diamond drill commences digging for precious metals and minerals.

Angkor Resources, vice-president of Explorations for Angkor Resources Dennis Ouellette, said that the IP survey will study minerals in the area to detect gold-bearing quartz vein systems.

“The closely-spaced survey design is geared towards detection of narrow and shallow mineralisation,” Ouellette said.

The firm has already partnered with local villagers to help pit and grid the area under phase one.

The company first discovered that the area was rich in gold after artisanal miners were found recovering gold from creeks during the rainy season.

This led the firm to send out a crew to pan along two small waterways to test for gold.

The Andong Meas tenement, also referred to as the “Well of Gold”, has been the subject of intensive exploration for nearly a decade. A previous IP survey was suspended in 2014 as monsoon rains disrupted the process.

After the survey, the company will commence with diamond drilling to further probe potentially viable deposits, according to the company.

Surveys of the site have also indicated that it contains copper and quartz.
    https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50833315/a ... atanakiri/

Facebook
    Twitter
    YouTube
    Instagram
    Post Reply Previous topicNext topic