Bag Repair

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Bag Repair

Post by Matty9999 »

Hey guys thought i would ask this here since im having some trouble locating a replacement bag. I'm looking to have my bicycle bag repaired so i can take it on the plane, it has some holes in it along the bottom because it was dragged but i cant seem to find a seamstress or bag repair shop that would work on it. I did know one place south of TTP that did bag repair but i think hes closed down due to CV. I would also consider paying to have another bag produced out of canvas/nylon etc. The material is the same as for example a gym bag or duffle bag. Measurements are 46" by 32" by 8" deep. Thanks for advice.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Bag Repair

Post by Doc67 »

Matty9999 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:45 am Hey guys thought i would ask this here since im having some trouble locating a replacement bag. I'm looking to have my bicycle bag repaired so i can take it on the plane, it has some holes in it along the bottom because it was dragged but i cant seem to find a seamstress or bag repair shop that would work on it. I did know one place south of TTP that did bag repair but i think hes closed down due to CV. I would also consider paying to have another bag produced out of canvas/nylon etc. The material is the same as for example a gym bag or duffle bag. Measurements are 46" by 32" by 8" deep. Thanks for advice.
If you go to Central Market, there is a seller of Rucksacks (all fake ones) near the southern entrance. Opposite this stall is a guy that does shoe repairs and also general stitching. He repaired my old and faithful Berghaus on two occasions.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:12 am
Matty9999 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:45 am Hey guys thought i would ask this here since im having some trouble locating a replacement bag. I'm looking to have my bicycle bag repaired so i can take it on the plane, it has some holes in it along the bottom because it was dragged but i cant seem to find a seamstress or bag repair shop that would work on it. I did know one place south of TTP that did bag repair but i think hes closed down due to CV. I would also consider paying to have another bag produced out of canvas/nylon etc. The material is the same as for example a gym bag or duffle bag. Measurements are 46" by 32" by 8" deep. Thanks for advice.
If you go to Central Market, there is a seller of Rucksacks (all fake ones) near the southern entrance. Opposite this stall is a guy that does shoe repairs and also general stitching. He repaired my old and faithful Berghaus on two occasions.
Thanks a lot, will give it a shot.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Matty9999 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:53 am
Report back about the market, are many stalls open etc. I heard it was quiet in there.

Just another thought, there is a group of about 10 women with sewing machines very near the central hub near where the food market section begins. Not sure if your bag would be a bit thick for those machines, but worth a try.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Corner of poop river and 456. Buy me a beer.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

"...repaired my old and faithful Berghaus on two occasions." I know, different repairs :) .
Not sure what you mean by bicycle bag. I am guessing it is not a pannier, at that size. I have Ortleib Classic rear panniers I don't use, and never will again (knees). 40L, 16x12x6. Free to good home. Repairs: n/a, unless you are shot at. No stitching or zips (waterproof).
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:07 am
Matty9999 wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:53 am
Report back about the market, are many stalls open etc. I heard it was quiet in there.

Just another thought, there is a group of about 10 women with sewing machines very near the central hub near where the food market section begins. Not sure if your bag would be a bit thick for those machines, but worth a try.
No luck here but its just because many of the shops are shut down. if im still here in two weeks ill try again. There was one guy who tried to help me but he said the person who sewing isnt here. better luck next time.
Matty9999
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Matty9999 »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:24 pm "...repaired my old and faithful Berghaus on two occasions." I know, different repairs :) .
Not sure what you mean by bicycle bag. I am guessing it is not a pannier, at that size. I have Ortleib Classic rear panniers I don't use, and never will again (knees). 40L, 16x12x6. Free to good home. Repairs: n/a, unless you are shot at. No stitching or zips (waterproof).
The bag is 46 inches so almost 4 feet, by 32" or close to 1 meter tall by 8" deep, its for the frame of a bicycle
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic