2.5Kg Marijuana Seized in Takeo Chicken Farm Raid

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

2.5Kg Marijuana Seized in Takeo Chicken Farm Raid

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Takeo): On March 31, 2021, at 08:53 am, according to information from Lieutenant Sok Somnang, the deputy police chief, Lieutenant Yok Sarak, an inspector led a police force on patrol to search a chicken farm, in Chroy village, Kirivong district, Takeo.

A 28-year-old man, Som Sinay, was arrested with 2,50 kg of dried marijuana, ready for sale, and 2 motorbikes.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Re: 2.5Kg Marijuana Seized in Takeo Chicken Farm Raid

Post by truffledog »

i wonder how much the farmers get paid for the weed. Probably peanuts.
work is for people who cant find truffles
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:03 pm chicken farm
Lambo:

fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

I mean this is just legal theft. Not only have they stolen his motorbikes but he will probably have to do a year or maybe five in prison.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

i wonder how much the farmers get paid for the weed. Probably peanuts.
They still feed it to pigs and use it in cooking in the provinces so nearly worthless.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

I was always under the impression that authorities did next to nothing about softer drugs in Cambodia. Is the attitude shifting or did this guy piss someone off? I am aware they said something about a drug war but that seemed far fetched from how popular cannabis has always been there. I was also under the impression it was comparable to Nepal in trade of larger quantities of cannabis with little authority intervention.
:thumb:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's not the main focus, Ice, Yama, Heroin, Cocaine and Ketamine seem to be. Young Cambodians don't seem to have any interest in ganja. It must be grown for either export or foreigners. Somehow Kirivong District in Takeo gets reported in busts far more than anywhere else. I'm not sure why, maybe the rugged terrain favors hidden production or maybe it has some fantastic soil and conditions for marijuanas. I wonder why it is even focused on as it seems relatively harmless.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:47 pm It's not the main focus, Ice, Yama, Heroin, Cocaine and Ketamine seem to be. Young Cambodians don't seem to have any interest in ganja. It must be grown for either export or foreigners. Somehow Kirivong District in Takeo gets reported in busts far more than anywhere else. I'm not sure why, maybe the rugged terrain favors hidden production or maybe it has some fantastic soil and conditions for marijuanas. I wonder why it is even focused on as it seems relatively harmless.
Interesting, young Cambodians are a stark contrast to westerners then who seem to think cannabis is a mixture of holy grail medicine, vitamin, and essential entertainment in one lol
:thumb:
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

It is now legal to grow six plants in Thailand. Cambodia will probably change their laws too.
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

truffledog wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:40 pm i wonder how much the farmers get paid for the weed. Probably peanuts.
A girl from Kampong Cham told me you can buy it there for "50 dollar 1 kilo".
In terms of $ per active ingredient its probably more expensive than in NZ where the wholesale price is something like $ 5000 U.S per kilo. o.k, i exaggerate just a little. Last time i mentioned the poor quality of local product I was accused of being a backpacker.
I suggested to a friendly tuk tuk driver once that it wouldn't be difficult to produce a much better product and make some money. His reply " oh no sir- you need high level government connections for this business".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic