Information on Coronavirus / COVID-19 in Cambodia (Latest Updates December 2021)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Information on Coronavirus in Cambodia from 8 March 2020 (Latest Updates)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Phnom Penh Official Curfew News in Khmer:
Spoiler:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

So it's basically a lockdown. Does it say which are the 'high risk areas'?
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Congenital word blindness - strephosymolia
Serious problem is serious... but let me assist those who are having some trouble here....
IraHayes wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:57 pm I was upbeat while talking to her but I have my reservations about it to be quite honest.
You see that bit in bold? to have reservations about something... to have doubts .. concerns even.
Now .. the concerns, a few have listed in reply, are the same concerns I have, and I too am in no rush to get vaccinated.
The bit about being "upbeat" with the wife was because she seemed to think it was a good idea... but I have my reservations about it

The secondary objective of the post was also to note that it looks like pay-to-win could be in full force, as per usual. Though, I think there has been no definite proof of that so far. I may be wrong as I haven't been keeping that up to date with these things.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Brody wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:31 pm Well, I'm going out now to do some food shopping. We'll see how it goes.
Well, I'm back from tooling all across town to one of the Super Dupers and then all the way back home.

Saw nothing that would resemble anything different, anywhere. No police presence that I could see or any form of curfew enforcement.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

lagrange wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:57 pm Does it say which are the 'high risk areas'?
Where ever Lambo hangs out.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Seen some confusion as to the start date, saw it may be tomorrow.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Three Women, Aged 56, 56, and 28, Died of Covid-19 on 31 March 2021 in Phnom Penh
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): Three women died of Covid-19 disease on March 31, 2021: a 56-year-old Cambodian woman living in Sangkat Veal Vong, Khan 7 Makara, was the 11th case, and a 28-year-old Cambodian woman with diabetes 1, living in Boeung Salang village, Khan Russey Keo was the 12th case, and the 13th case was another 56-year-old woman, living in Sangkat Boeung Prolit, Khan 7 Makara, who passed away at 16:50 this afternoon.

This is according to the official announcement of the Ministry of Health released on the evening of March 31.

Case 11: According to a report from the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital, a 56-year-old Cambodian woman living in Veal Vong Sangkat, Khan 7 Makara died of Kovid-19 disease on March 31, 2021 at 10:37 am.

Case 12: According to a report from the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital, a 28-year-old Cambodian woman living in Boeung Salang Village, Sangkat-Khan Russey Keo died of Kovid-19 disease on March 31, 2021 at 2:40 p.m.

Case 13: A 56-year-old woman living in Sangkat Boeung Prolit, who was admitted to the Khmer-Soviet Friendship Hospital on 27 March, died at 16:50 on 31 March, 2021.
Source: AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Justice Ministry: No Curfew Imposed at the Moment
AKP Phnom Penh, March 31, 2021 --

No administrative measures, including curfew, stated in the sub-decree issued today are implemented in any provinces or capital, confirmed H.E. Kim Santepheap, Secretary of State and Spokesperson of the Ministry of Justice.

"All the administrative measures provided in the sub-decree have not yet been implemented within any geographical framework or any provinces and capital at the moment. That means no curfew imposed at the moment," he said, explaining that an administrative measure will be carried out only if there is a decision of the capital-provincial board of governors for some part or some location in their territory or throughout their own territory only.

For the measures to lock down a capital or province and other administrative measures that extend beyond the territory of a capital or province or apply throughout the country, only the Royal Government can issue a decision, he underlined.

The spokesperson made the comments after there were some reports saying that the Royal Government imposed a curfew from 8:00 pm to 5:00 am.

The sub-decree on administrative measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other severe and dangerous contagious diseases was signed by Prime Minister Samdech Techo HE on Mar. 31. The sub-decree, composed of 7 chapters and 23 articles, details different administrative measures ranging from restriction or ban of travels and gatherings to lockdown of an area and curfew from 8:00 pm to 5:00 am.

By C. Nika
https://www.akp.gov.kh/post/detail/229695

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:31 pm Justice Ministry: No Curfew Imposed at the Moment
AKP Phnom Penh, March 31, 2021 --

No administrative measures, including curfew, stated in the sub-decree issued today are implemented in any provinces or capital, confirmed H.E. Kim Santepheap, Secretary of State and Spokesperson of the Ministry of Justice.

"All the administrative measures provided in the sub-decree have not yet been implemented within any geographical framework or any provinces and capital at the moment. That means no curfew imposed at the moment," he said, explaining that an administrative measure will be carried out only if there is a decision of the capital-provincial board of governors for some part or some location in their territory or throughout their own territory only.

For the measures to lock down a capital or province and other administrative measures that extend beyond the territory of a capital or province or apply throughout the country, only the Royal Government can issue a decision, he underlined.

The spokesperson made the comments after there were some reports saying that the Royal Government imposed a curfew from 8:00 pm to 5:00 am.

The sub-decree on administrative measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other severe and dangerous contagious diseases was signed by Prime Minister Samdech Techo HE on Mar. 31. The sub-decree, composed of 7 chapters and 23 articles, details different administrative measures ranging from restriction or ban of travels and gatherings to lockdown of an area and curfew from 8:00 pm to 5:00 am.

By C. Nika
https://www.akp.gov.kh/post/detail/229695
really? ive just had my cambodian friends calling me up from Sihanoukville telling me theyve had to close their businesses and that an 8pm-5am curfew has been implemented there for a while
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:26 pm
Khmer_Risotto wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:51 pm Maybe someone can translate the Khmer for some clarity, but this is interesting...

"Curfew from today, travel not allowed from 8pm to 5am, except that its health emergency, goods transport, going to work and family emergency, etc"

looks like i escaped just in time :plus1: @Doc67
If we go into any real form of lockdown, bars closed etc, I am right behind you!

cerveza y mujeres en mexico?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic