Changing Employer Enquiry

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ExcitedTravel
Tourist

Changing Employer Enquiry

Post by ExcitedTravel »

Greetings to all you helpful people.

I have an enquiry regarding the changing of employers whilst on a visa and work permit in Cambodia.

Scenario: One has successfully acquired a Visa for teaching purposes, and has acquired a work permit through their employer and has been working for that employer under say, a year long contract, with a notice required to leave the job, being for example a month.

If another job comes up that is a step up the career path, with much improved opportunities and work experiences, and one wished take that job as it had been offered to them.

If that person informed their current employer and worked the appropriate notice, as per their contract, how does the employers sponsorship of that work permit work with transferring over to the new employer. Experiences in another country I have worked meant that a whole new visa and permit would need to be applied for, but how does this work in Cambodia?

Can I simply transfer details on the permit? Would this raise issues that I need to be aware of? Is this a normal thing that can occur and/or is there a straightforward way and process to approach this matter that I am just failing to find through online searches.

Many thanks in anticipation of those who can assist in my query. If I haven't been clear I can answer any clarifying questions you may have.

Have a wonderful day,

Kind regards. Marlene K.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Changing Employer Enquiry

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

No need to do anything, your Visa EOS and WP will remain valid and you can change employers no issues.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic