Is there any place, where you can buy/do a rapid antigen test?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Is there any place, where you can buy/do a rapid antigen test?

Post by ressl »

The title says it all. Oh, wait, except that I am looking for them in Phnom Penh. I know in a lot of counties they are available at pharmacies or even super markets. The idea is to check our staff 3 times a week - this won't work with the ordinary tests, either because it takes a long time for results and costs are way more high (for the lab toprocess).
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Is there any place, where you can buy/do a rapid antigen test?

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I don't think they're available anywhere, including Pasteur or De La Gare. Please do share if you find them somewhere.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

To answer your second question, no, there is nowhere that you can have rapid testing conducted.

There are home test kits which can be purchased online, but I would imagine importing them into Cambodia would require holding the necessary licenses/permits and authorisation.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Those are quite bad news. But thanks for your help
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by samrong01 »

There is quite a big range available on Indiamart at pretty low prices. Some are nasal swab, some are blood tests. Most of them require a health professional to administer but perhaps you could consider hiring a nurse for the day to administer them.

You do not need a licence to import medical supplies if you are not a reseller although possibly if you import very large quantities you may need something. I noticed that a lot of them have minimum order of 1000 tests but this would still be a pretty small package. Medical supplies are tax-free to import. Transit time from India is 7 days but you have to use DHL now as the Indian post office has banned all exports to Cambodia.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Super, thanks! I will have a look at this
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

If you bring in 1,000, I’ll take 100...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Unfortunately still discussing with management, but I will throw this into the discussion
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic