Introducing PodRide- The 4 wheel e-Bike that looks like a car

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Introducing PodRide- The 4 wheel e-Bike that looks like a car

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Posted in Asinine...not because it is silly but unusual and didn't seem to fit in other sub forums.

The concept has been out for some years but the latest update of 12 Nov 20:

PodRide is evolving!
It’s been quite some time since our last update. We are continuing to develop PodRide and are working towards the next and hopefully last round of prototyping.

Due to very popular demand, PodRide will be available as a two seater from day one. It will come standard with one seat, with the option of purchasing a second seat if you intend to carry a passenger. The position of both seats are adjustable within the cabin, and you can adjust the recline angle too.

We anticipate taking pre-orders in around 6 months time. More details will be advised as we get closer to the date.

More update info: https://www.mypodride.com/podride-news- ... 1614327485

Full: https://mypodride.com/
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Introducing PodRide- The 4 wheel e-Bike that looks like a car

Post by nerdlinger »

Genius. I’ve been looking a bike that was harder to pedal, less manoeuvrable, less convenient but also more expensive, but couldn’t quite find one that also reduced my visibility of the road. :good:
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Genius. I’ve been looking a bike that was harder to pedal, less manoeuvrable, less convenient but also more expensive, but couldn’t quite find one that also reduced my visibility of the road
Genius comment that adds so much.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

A Sinclair C-5 with a roof.. wow ... ground-breaking
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

[Admin Edit: Ok, we don't need a pointless back and forth, thanks.]
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

nerdlinger wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:33 pm Genius. I’ve been looking a bike that was harder to pedal, less manoeuvrable, less convenient but also more expensive, but couldn’t quite find one that also reduced my visibility of the road. :good:
Haha I dunno if you have this turned up or not..

but I did wonder whether one would even bother pedalling unless you want to keep healthy..I think he quoted a range of 60 km but was that on battery only or combined pedalling/battery?

Also, I can see the case of weather protection for those harsh Europe winters, and so I doubt this will be a hit in KOW.. Rather than the heating fan/demister, you'd need an aircon unit in there :mrgreen:

As to convenience, I think that would depend on where you live and your requirements etc. It does seem very much European centric but I could be wrong on that..
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

clutchcargo wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:11 pm
Also, I can see the case of weather protection for those harsh Europe winters, and so I doubt this will be a hit in KOW..
I'd be scared out of my life in that thing on most roads in Europe. They drive well most of the time but at a much higher speed than here.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

get a bit of sun through those windows in summer and you can count a free sauna as one of its advantages......
Roadie
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Roadie »

Velomobiles have been around for a while and many manufacturers make them these days. Probably more without an E motor than with. They definately are more for a cold country than a hot one though. Their big advantage over a bicycle is the aerodynamic shape makes them faster (except up hill where the extra weight is a problem). This one is a bit short and stubby shape to be very aero though. I guess thats why they are pushing having a motor.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic