Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by newkidontheblock »

phuketrichard wrote:and the point of CEOCambodiaNews?
all they do is repost news items from khmer publications
Since I am not fluent in reading Khmer, I find the translated articles on CEO Cambodia News very helpful.

Foreigners and expats in the Kingdom of Wonder turn to CEO as an important source of news and information.

For those in Thailand, there are numerous English language sources.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

It is not yet clear which nationalities will qualify for entry, if and when Phuket opens to tourists. Which countries will be considered to be " low risk" ?
Phuket Tourism Industry Council President Sarayuth Mallam also explained that the July 1 reopening does not mean receiving tourists openly from all parts of the world.

“We will not welcome all foreign tourists, but the first groups must be tourists who come from low-risk countries and even then only those who have been vaccinated,” Mr Sarayuth said.

“Tourists who have not been vaccinated still need to face quarantine,” he said plainly.

“This requirement comes from our concern for the safety of our people. If our people are vaccinated and the coming tourists are also vaccinated, the possible infection rate will be only 1% [of the population],” he added.
https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-of ... -79453.php
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

its approved BUT
there has been i'd say less than 5,000 people vaccinated here,
no idea how this will play out in only 3 months
Government approves plan to reopen Phuket from July
Thailand will waive quarantine requirements for vaccinated foreign visitors arriving on the resort island of Phuket from July 1, the first key reopening for the tourism-reliant nation.

A panel chaired by Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-Ocha on Friday approved the proposal by Phuket’s private sector and business groups to inoculate at least 70% of the island’s residents to prepare for the reopening for vaccinated tourists, according to Tourism Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn.

The approval means that Phuket will reopen three months earlier than the rest of the country, which is expected to welcome fully inoculated visitors only in October. Phuket residents will also be prioritized in the vaccine rollout, with more than 930,000 doses expected to be administered before the reopening, Bhummikitti Ruktaengam, president of the island’s tourist association said separately earlier this week.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... rom-july-1
“The reopening plan will depend largely on vaccine allocation,” said Yuthasak Supasorn, adding that the estimate of visitor numbers was at least 100,000 in the third quarter.

According to the plan, at least 466,587 of Phuket’s population will need to receive two doses of a Covid-19 vaccine, meaning a total of 933,174 doses, with the first round beginning on April 15 and the second on May 15.

Foreign tourists coming to Phuket will need to show proof of vaccination, take a Covid-19 screening test at the airport, and activate the tracing application ThailandPlus.
https://www.thaienquirer.com/25805/gove ... from-july/

we've had zero covid cases in over 90 days
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

All very well innoculating the residents, but what about all the migrant tourism workers that are more likely to come into direct contact with tourists and are currently residing back in the provinces due to the current closure of the tourism industry. I wonder how their vaccine rollout and reopening plan incorporates them ?
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:22 pm All very well innoculating the residents, but what about all the migrant tourism workers that are more likely to come into direct contact with tourists and are currently residing back in the provinces due to the current closure of the tourism industry. I wonder how their vaccine rollout and reopening plan incorporates them ?
One would imagine if they are not currently here and will get vaccinated Before July 1st
Any returning thai's & migrant workers would need be vaccinated BEFORE they would be allowed to work.

As many of the hotels in Patong, Karon, Kata, Bang Tao have been closed for over a year they need get all their workers back or re hire new workers. The ones that are open have all been operating on reduced staff for ages, Fantasea alone accounts for over 500 employees
its a logistical nightmare
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

I certainly think a target of opening up by July looks overly ambitious given what seems to be very slow progress in both acquiring vaccine doses and administering them. The one thing that may help is their anticipated tourist arrival figures are equally likely to be overly optimistic. Will be an interesting test case to watch and I'm glad Phuket has been chosen as the Guinnea Pigs of the tourist areas.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

update;

The Ministry of Public Health has just released the names of 11 countries with COVID mutations from where people will still have to do 14-day quarantine on arrival in #Thailand. From 1 April, quarantine period for other countries will be reduced to 10 days, though with some conditions.
People coming from the following 11 countries will still have to do 14-day quarantine after 1st April: South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Zambia, Kenya, Rwanda, Camaroon, Congo, Ghana and Tanzania. The list will be updated every two weeks.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:56 am update;

The Ministry of Public Health has just released the names of 11 countries with COVID mutations from where people will still have to do 14-day quarantine on arrival in #Thailand. From 1 April, quarantine period for other countries will be reduced to 10 days, though with some conditions.
People coming from the following 11 countries will still have to do 14-day quarantine after 1st April: South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Zambia, Kenya, Rwanda, Camaroon, Congo, Ghana and Tanzania. The list will be updated every two weeks.
Good info on how the Thais are handling the tourist crisis.
Right, so Africans from certain countries have to do 14-days of quarantine, and everyone else visiting Thailand ONLY has to do 10-days quarantine. Sounds racist to me. There are Covid mutations all over Europe and South America right now. And how many tourists arrive in Thailand from Rwanda or Botswana ?
And also, 10 days quarantine is not going to attract western tourists anyway. What a headbanger of an idea. ;-)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Nothing racist about it it's the countries most affected according to thailand
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

atst wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:24 pm Nothing racist about it it's the countries most affected according to thailand
C'mon, look at European Covid figiures now. Covid variants are everywhere.
And, (without any real statistics to confirm what I think), I'm pretty sure that there are more tourists from Europe interested in traveling to Thailand than there are tourists from Africa. Maybe these restrictions are not racist, but they are not logical IMO.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic