Call for Solidarity from South Africans Following Decease

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Call for Solidarity from South Africans Following Decease

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Friends of Mariaan Odendaal (Rosser) are calling for solidarity from South Africans in Cambodia and elsewhere, following the decease of the 34-year-old South African woman who passed away in Phnom Penh on 14 March 2021.
Funds are needed for the release of the body and cremation services. Details below for those who would like to help out financially.
Condolences to her family and friends.

Willem H Odendaal
Yesterday at 18:18 ·
Posted on behalf of our representative in Cambodia.

All our South African and Khmer friends,
It is with sadness to announce the passing (death) of Mariaan Odendaal (Rosser) Mother of a beautiful son William, on the 14th of March 2021 in Phnom Pehn. She was working as a teacher in Cambodia for some time now.
She is currently still in the possession of the Cambodian authorities in Cambodia and to get her cremation and paperwork done we need all our South African and Khmer friends in Cambodia as well as abroad together to help.
The family currently don't have the financial means available to pay for the cremation and paperwork, and asking South Africans to stick their hand in their pockets to assist a fellow South African. The family will start a GO FUND ME page in South Africa and in Cambodia I (Peter) will do the same on Facebook.
The goal is to cover the invoiced amount of $2805 for the funeral house Evergreen Services in Phnom Pehn covering all the cost for legal paperwork and cremation. All documents has been sent for the process, and I have just received the interim Police report from Phnom Pehn via our South African embassy.
ABA account: 000292711 (Cambodia)
For donations, Every little help, $1, $5, anything so we can give closure to the family and William her son that will never have the opportunity to see her alive again.
I will keep on doing updates on the funds received as well as payment to Evergreen for the services towards the legal paperwork and cremation.
Let this be our support to Mariaan and her family so that they can have closure with the passing of their loved one.
God bless
Peter

Further details can be found here:
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Tagged:
Expats in Cambodia Khmer440.com
World International School Cambodia
Cambodia Expats Online
Cambodia News English
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
blueman.cambodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Call for Solidarity from South Africans Following Decease

Post by blueman.cambodia »

I posted this information here a few days ago and it was deleted. No explanation in a message was provided to me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic