Chinese Driver Tries to Run and Removes his Shirt

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Re: Chinese Driver Tries to Run and Removes his Shirt

Post by Marty »

Spigzy wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:01 pm
Marty wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:46 pm
Spigzy wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:39 pm Agree, but these forums only touch the iceberg - on a local news site I just read "Woman drowns trying to find snail". Absolutely tragic, but the mind boggles - it's not a once a year Dawin Awards event, its every day. Very sad, but I also have to read them just to make sure I read the headline correctly.
Hehe. Well I know they are dumb, but that dumb really? Please tell what is the local news site if that is allowed on here. Thank you.
In before the mods get me! :hattip:
https://postnews.com.kh/local/593647

Note: this site is also remarkable in that the headlines change as the news story unfolds; this one is now "Snail drowns in pond, drowns man". Breaking news at its finest!
OK I figured out how to translate it. Those are two separate snail stories though. Both highly entertaining!
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Marty wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:17 pm
Spigzy wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:39 pm Agree, but these forums only touch the iceberg - on a local news site I just read "Woman drowns trying to find snail". Absolutely tragic, but the mind boggles - it's not a once a year Dawin Awards event, its every day. Very sad, but I also have to read them just to make sure I read the headline correctly.
Hehe. Well I know they are dumb, but that dumb really? Please tell what is the local news site if that is allowed on here. Thank you.

Note: this site is also remarkable in that the headlines change as the news story unfolds; this one is now "Snail drowns in pond, drowns man". Breaking news at its finest!
OK I figured out how to translate it. Those are two separate snail stories though. Both highly entertaining!
You're telling me there are two snail related drowning stories on the same day?! What are the odds! :o
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

When you remove the shirt you become more aerodynamic, ancient kung fu secret.
:thumb:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Spigzy wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:13 pm
Marty wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:17 pm

One story here, but many snails.

Snails Drown Man
Kampong Chhnang: According to the social media office, on March 23, 2021, at 4:30 AM, there was a case of a drowning person in a pond in O'Loupou village, Kdol Sen Chey commune, Teuk Phos district, Kampong Chhnang province.

The victim is Ouk Chamroeun, male, 53 years old, and his wife is Sorn Yun, 58 years old, living in O Lpou village, Kdol Sen Chey commune, Teuk Phos district, Kampong Chhnang province

In this case, the victim went to cut the grass, and then went down to collect snails in the pond, causing him to drown.

After the incident, the authorities went to check and confirmed that the victim really died from drowning in the pond. The body of the victim was handed over to relatives for traditional rites.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic