Dealing with overstay

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Dealing with overstay

Post by AndyKK »

Soriya wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:53 am Pretty sure your the same guy asking questions on the cambo visa fb page about 3 month overstay due to being in prison.
You been told many times what to do.
Going by this thread your overstay is another 100$ because the thread started 10 daysago.
Suck it up, goto immigration, take lots of cash, they may not deport you. Pretty simple
No doubt that they could deport a person. I mean that they have deported many Chinese of late, but the borders are open between themselves. But regards a western person, what happens if that person entered from Thailand, or a country closed to tourists with travel restrictions.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

Turns out I don't have to pay any overstay or even visit immigration. While the borders are closed I can get a one year retirement visa for $520. Sad the level of discourse on the site is so low. Perhaps the moderators might consider deleting this thread on the off chance that some people take these trolls seriously.
helloall
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by helloall »

Where did you go to sort this out please?
RoryR
Expatriate

Post by RoryR »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:05 pm Turns out I don't have to pay any overstay or even visit immigration. While the borders are closed I can get a one year retirement visa for $520. Sad the level of discourse on the site is so low. Perhaps the moderators might consider deleting this thread on the off chance that some people take these trolls seriously.
Maybe if you had told people you were in jail during the overstay someone would have advised you that the overstay might be waived.

Instead you withheld that information despite being asked many times and just saying “it’s complicated” and now you are whinging that people didn’t tell you that you could be excused from overstay during your jail stint?

Also a one year extension costs about $300 so I’m not sure who you are paying $520 to or why since you said agents wouldn’t help you.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

fsdfdsdf wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:05 pm Turns out I don't have to pay any overstay or even visit immigration. While the borders are closed I can get a one year retirement visa for $520. Sad the level of discourse on the site is so low. Perhaps the moderators might consider deleting this thread on the off chance that some people take these trolls seriously.
Wow, one year EOS have gone up in price quite a bit.
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by fsdfdsdf »

RoryR wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:55 pm
Maybe if you had told people you were in jail during the overstay someone would have advised you that the overstay might be waived.

Instead you withheld that information despite being asked many times and just saying “it’s complicated” and now you are whinging that people didn’t tell you that you could be excused from overstay during your jail stint?

Also a one year extension costs about $300 so I’m not sure who you are paying $520 to or why since you said agents wouldn’t help you.
Point stands. No need to go to immigration or pay overstay regardless of circumstances. Not a single person here gave accurate info. Maybe you can find other people to mislead with your troll comments
RoryR
Expatriate

Post by RoryR »

Of course the circumstances matter, like were you on a tourist or business visa and when did you enter Cambodia.

If you didn’t go to immigration, who are you paying $520 to for a $280 extension and why? You may be getting ripped off here if you entered on a tourist visa for which overstay is forgiven.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:56 pm
the extension of stays are the same, extra fees are often due to lack of correct paperwork
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The OP was given the most accurate advice based on the very little information he provided. If he had advised us of fact that he was actually incarcerated, we could've provided more accurate advice.

I still feel we are not being given the full details, overstay fines are not being waived for those who overstayed an E-type Visa or EOS...only those who entered the country on or after 1st Jan 2020 on a T-type (Tourist) Visa, e-Visa (electronic online Tourist Visa) or Visa exempt entry (ASEAN passport holders).

It sounds like the OP was possibly actually here on a T-type Visa, it would make sense considering that he has been told no overstay fines because of COVID-19,
and because the DoI are finally allowing people to convert from a T-type Visa to an E-type Visa.

$520 is still $340 more than the official fee for a 12 month EOS...but I don't think the OP is going to argue about that.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:16 pm
Kammekor wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:56 pm
the extension of stays are the same, extra fees are often due to lack of correct paperwork
Or overstay?
Or conversion from 'tourist' to 'ordinary'? :popcorn:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic