Dealing with "customer service" issues

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Dealing with "customer service" issues

Post by fsdfdsdf »

If it's the probably most well known computer store in pp just take a look at their facebook page. They have posted dozens of fake reviews to try and make up for all the bad ones they get. They come across as scammers and that's because they are
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I personally believe there is no customer care here. The seller is the person who has, if you want his goods you buy, mostly without any garrantee's. If you don't like the terms of the seller, you can simply leave and buy somewhere else, that seems to be the attitude of many shop people.
But have you ever been in a shop, looked around and found exactly what you wanted, only to be told when you want to buy the item and pay, the shop keeper says "NO" I will not sell to you.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Another aspect is that all of these stores are far away from supply chains and knowledge centers available in western countries.

When a product is returned to a western country big box store as defective, it goes back to the manufacturer for refund or refurbishment. Techs in the store have access to knowledge databases, support tech numbers, etc.

The owners in the Kingdom of Wonder have nothing.
Anything a shop owner buys is not returnable. No support tech numbers to call to troubleshoot. No refurbishment centers.

Does this excuse poor customer service? Probably not.

But there are challenges in Cambodia that big box store in the west never face.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

truffledog wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:28 pm
Marty wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:04 pm I know what the moral of the story is. It is: First world problems in a Fourth world country.
I would add: first world "expectations" in a fourth world country. It will probably take another generation until standards meet. Had my Iphone "fixed" in a mum and pop shop with "original spare parts". Money wasted as the new screen and touchpad worked just a few days. Went back just to hear: solly..when you leave everythig ok..wont go back there...and he probably gives a fuck about that.
Nope, they don't care, they're after the quick buck and have no concept of repeat business. From the Bronze Age.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

atst wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:42 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:08 pm
atst wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:30 pm The other day ask $5 pertol for my moto girl fulls it up $9 thanks, again the blank stare you pay and its not a communication problem many times my girl does the asking ( they just don't think or don't care) :beer3:
I hope you got a free packet of 20c cheezypuffs with that. ;-)
Thing is what if I only had the $5 on me?
They'd hafta trust ya to come back with the remaining $4. Or they call the cops? That would then be fun to have to explain what transpired.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

This place is a dumping ground for the cheapest and nastiest Chinese crap. The stuff they simply can't sell to a proper country. The electrical stuff is dangerous too, and in a country without an earth wire, that's a concern.

The importers can sell it to the wholesalers, they wholesalers can sell it to the retailers, the retailers can sell it to the punters and it can all be done without a care in the world for returns due to it being a defective product.

When you have zero Sale of Goods rights, any form of consumer protection and not even a culture of expectation, it obviates the need for sellers to demand their suppliers to provide warranties. This would lead all the way up the supply chain and end with importers, and they know the Chinese will never give you any genuine and enforceable warranty, especially on the crap they are selling into the Cambodian market. Follow the money, it's ends up with the Chinese.

And to top it all, the price of basic stuff here is ridiculous. Case in point - 1 basic yoga mat form sports shop in Monivong - thin bright coloured rubber $80. Amazon.co.uk £4.99 ($7). I laughed at him when he said $80. I said $8???? He then laughed at me!

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

atst wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:30 pm The other day ask $5 pertol for my moto girl fulls it up $9 thanks, again the blank stare you pay and its not a communication problem many times my girl does the asking ( they just don't think or don't care) :beer3:
Leave your moto and go and get money.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:18 am
Good idea I'd love to do a 10k walk in the hot sun because someone else fucked up. :BangHead:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

atst wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:29 am
Good idea I'd love to do a 10k walk in the hot sun because someone else fucked up. :BangHead:
And here we've reached the heart of the matter.... Would they care?
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:33 am
atst wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:29 am
And here we've reached the heart of the matter.... Would they care?
No. They don't care about anything. Like he said it's their fukkup, he should demand to see the manager/owner. LOL.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic