Driver Sought After Killing Father and Daughter in Hit and Run

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Driver Sought After Killing Father and Daughter in Hit and Run

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Mondulkiri): A father and daughter on a motorbike, from the Bunong ethnic minority, died immediately after they were hit by a car driving in the same direction on March 19, 2021 at on National Road 76A, between km 108-km 109 at 19:30.

According to the report of the police force of O'Raing District Police Inspectorate, a vehicle hit the motorcycle, causing it to fall over, and then it was dragged along the road by the car for about 15 meters. The driver who caused the accident drove off without stopping, leaving the two dead victims.

The victims have been identified as Kim Kwan, a 32-year-old Bunong man, and his daughter named Quan Pong, 8 years old, living in Putang Village, Sangkat Romna, Sen Monorom City, Mondulkiri Province.
They were driving towards the village Pu Raing, in Sen Monorom Commune, O Raing District, Mondulkiri Province.

Currently, law enforcement forces are looking for the car owner to be punished according to the procedure.

After inspecting the scene, the police force of Oreang District Police Inspectorate handed over the bodies of the father and daughter to the family for traditional funeral rites. RIP.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Stiliko
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Driver Sought After Killing Father and Daughter in Hit and Run

Post by Stiliko »

There are just so many of these it’s hard not to become jaded. A young father & an 8yo little girl for chrissakes. Instead of stopping the asshole dragged them along like stricken animals. He’s an animal himself.

Would love to see some statistics on hit-and-run accidents in Cambodia. Dunno. Might adjust my perspective a bit.
she was quite pretty and looked older
she knew only what had been told her
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Driver Sought After Killing Father and Daughter in Hit and Run

Post by Anchor Moy »

If car driver's a local, the cops will probably catch up with him. I hope so anyway. There are many Bunong people in Mondulkiri, and the car must be showing signs of damage if it drove off dragging the motorbike. :evil:

I agree that that these hit and runs are too common, but I still feel angry and upset for the family.
I've often seen motorbikes with no or little lights driving around after dark in the provinces, but that's all the more reason to drive carefully.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic