Need help understanding Air Asia email "Proof of Debt" request.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Need help understanding Air Asia email "Proof of Debt" request.

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:47 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:37 pm
IraHayes wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:22 pm You asked your credit card company this exact question first, right?
Of course not. Why do that?
Actually, I’d say that doing so would be sensible.
I was taking the piss as I considered most everyone would understand your bank or credit card company would have be the first people to raise the query with.

I appreciate your reply. I'm unsure whether I'll receive paper notification, perhaps the bank's response to my email query may enlighten me further. As to the veracity of the sender, this deserves further scrutiny, I think. If it is a scam, it's quite a sophisticated affair.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Re: Need help understanding Air Asia email "Proof of Debt" request.

Post by IraHayes »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:07 pm
Freightdog wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:47 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:37 pm
IraHayes wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:22 pm You asked your credit card company this exact question first, right?
Of course not. Why do that?
Actually, I’d say that doing so would be sensible.
I was taking the piss as I considered most everyone would understand your bank or credit card company would have be the first people to raise the query with.

I appreciate your reply. I'm unsure whether I'll receive paper notification, perhaps the bank's response to my email query may enlighten me further. As to the veracity of the sender, this deserves further scrutiny, I think. If it is a scam, it's quite a sophisticated affair.
My comment was actually serious and was put to you as more of a "I can't believe KFH didn't ask his card company before coming here"

In fairness your OP gave no indication you had done this and hence my question. If you had opened with "while I wait for a reply from CC company about blah blah blah..... what do people here think?"
And on my part I could have worded my question better, and more along the lines of what I typed above.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic