Why can't barbers fade here???

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Why can't barbers fade here???

Post by Arget »

HappyChappy wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:45 pm
Arget wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:40 pm My bloke near the Wat at Kandal market does my number 1 on the sides and round the back fading to 0 on the top desert area .

Add a shave (with a new blade) for $2. I usually tip him as well.
Mate you've done well there. He's one of the guys with tbe stands in the street is he?
I go to the last one before Kandal market. Just a chair, mirror and an umbrella. Good bloke
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

shocked to see Tokyo is now $10, they used to be $5, then went up to $7, but with the shampoo and head massage you could still warrant it, but $10... im glad i bic my head now lol
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Arget wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:40 pm
HappyChappy wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:45 pm
Arget wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:40 pm My bloke near the Wat at Kandal market does my number 1 on the sides and round the back fading to 0 on the top desert area .

Add a shave (with a new blade) for $2. I usually tip him as well.
Mate you've done well there. He's one of the guys with tbe stands in the street is he?
I go to the last one before Kandal market. Just a chair, mirror and an umbrella. Good bloke
The young guy?

I have been going to one of the guys further along. But after last time, a lady I bought beer from asked where I got my hair cut, then pointed to a place opposite where she was and said it's $2. That's either a vote of no confidence for my barber, or maybe her sister owns the place she's recommending. Probably the latter, but I'll give them a shot.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
mouytiet
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Post by mouytiet »

my friend took me to the apparent number one barber in Saigon, got me the perfect fade, took a photo and now i just show that and they have a go.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

the Together Barbershop chain in Pattaya do the best skinfade ive had anywhere
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic