Cambodian Elites Divorce on Facebook

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Cambodian Elites Divorce on Facebook

Post by newkidontheblock »

Ghostwriter wrote:Fair enough. I always had in mind some intellectual gifts notions associated to it, high education, be an example for other members of society too. But that' s not always the case i guess. Theses don't seem to be matching with my idea of an elite, but i suppose i will have to lower my expectations.
These are Khmer elites. You must be thinking of western elites. Or European Royalty.

The only common denominator is insane amounts of
money and power.

And yes, the elites are examples for society to emulate. The lessons? Everything opposite of western ideals. Education is worthless. Rules are meaningless. Power is everything.

That’s a depressing glass half empty thought.
I will try to see things in a more rose colored light.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:01 am
Ghostwriter wrote:Fair enough. I always had in mind some intellectual gifts notions associated to it, high education, be an example for other members of society too. But that' s not always the case i guess. Theses don't seem to be matching with my idea of an elite, but i suppose i will have to lower my expectations.
These are Khmer elites. You must be thinking of western elites. Or European Royalty.

money and power.
Ah, i always get mixed up with all those entitled semi-cunts around the world. But yeah, not much elite here for sure.
Same as the knock-off Guchi / Channel bags from the same area, it doesn't compare well with the original reference when crossing borders, even stuffed with cash.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

And yes, the elites are examples for society to emulate. The lessons? Everything opposite of western ideals. Education is worthless. Rules are meaningless. Power is everything.
I'm not so sure about the education part, these people's kids usually go to the best schools and often go to university abroad.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
velvet_thunder
Expatriate

Post by velvet_thunder »

the show must go on. Anybody has seen that video posted by the ex-wife ?
i am curious to see how/if it will be handled by Cambodian justice system.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

money and power.

That’s a depressing glass half empty thought.
I will try to see things in a more rose colored light.
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Warning: Domestic violence on CCTV posted on social media by the wife. She says that after 13 years with this man, she has had enough of his insults and bullying.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

I watched some scenes. my impressions....

- It's way beyond bullying, the guy grabs, drags, hits, kicks....
- their house is loaded with CCTV's, I hope they changed the default WiFi passports
- The interior of the house is such bad taste poshy kitsch

Domestic violence is still a Major Problem in Cambodia. I had people renting my wooden shack and the guy used to beat the shit out of his wife. Not a slap, but serious hitting. After it happened once I told them I never wanted him to do it again or I would kick them out. They left soon for another house, my rules were too tight he told me. Now he can beat the shit out of her there... Sad, really sad.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

These screenshots give some idea for those who do not want watch the video :
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): The Ministry of Women's Affairs has been working with relevant ministries on the case of Duke Duong Chhay who used violence against his ex-wife, Det Malina.

Mrs. Man Chenda, Secretary of State in charge of Information and the Cambodian National Council for Women of the Ministry of Women's Affairs, said this morning, March 16, 2021, "After watching this video, we sympathize with the victims. "Surprisingly, we are working with the relevant ministries on this case."

It should be noted that on March 15, Ms. Det Malina, the ex-wife of Duke Duong Chhay, posted a video from a security camera on Facebook of Duke Duong Chhay's violent activities against her, both physical and mental.

"For the past 13 years, it has been enough for me, and insults, more insults, and domestic violence have even led to threats with a gun," she said.

Through this video and the title, the public has a lot of sympathy for Ms. Det Malina and express strong criticism of the image of Duke Duong Chhay for the use of violence.

Please note that this case is also known to Samdech Techo HE, Prime Minister of Cambodia. Through Samdech's personal Facebook page, Samdech commented on the video, "Why is Duong Chhay so cruel?"

At the same time, Mr. Duong Chhay on his Facebook page last night, posted, "I will post a video explaining tomorrow at 8 pm, please uncle listen to my interpretation first and consider as appropriate." (Source: CNC)

[If you want to see his "interpretation" of events then check out the Duong Chhay Facebook page. In Khmer.]

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Hmmm, he seems to be a genuine right cunt.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic