I was refused treatment at a clinic in Phnom Penh because I'm a foreigner

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
aconsultantabroad
Tourist

Re: I was refused treatment at a clinic in Phnom Penh because I'm a foreigner

Post by aconsultantabroad »

Sorry for the typos and i really dont know how to use this forum, apologies. Anyway just dont want others to stumble into these idiots and get sometimes goid sometimes treatment even after covid passes. Wish everyone well and stay healthy!
aconsultantabroad
Tourist

Sometimes good sometimes bad treatment!
EarlthePearl
Tourist
Canada

Post by EarlthePearl »

aconsultantabroad wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:51 pm Sorry for the typos and i really dont know how to use this forum, apologies. Anyway just dont want others to stumble into these idiots and get sometimes goid sometimes treatment even after covid passes. Wish everyone well and stay healthy!
Is it possible the relationship with you soured and now they are just using COVID as an excuse to avoid you, while still treating other whites?
aconsultantabroad
Tourist

No because my colleague initially said that he was calling to set up an appointment for a foreigner friend without any mention that i had already been a patient, then they said no foreigners and he replied but this guy is already your patient..... They allegedly have another foreign patient, an Austrailian, i guess he got the boot too. The last i was there other patients were eyeing me with worry. This is the third time in three days i got denied service as a foreigner. I have been here a long time and used to go buy my vegetables at traditional market and everyone assumes i am localized and speak khmer. One women literally ran away from me when i tried to make a purchase a few days ago. This is a trend in my personal experience. If generalized it seems that basic working class khmer are blaming foreigners irregardless of their background, for covid - they certainly are not dealing with me in circumstances where they seldom see a foreigner anyway.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

why let it bother you>? for whatever reason ( we are only hearing ur side) they dont want ur business
so move on>

Locals ( ignorant locals) are superstitious, more so in Cambodia than other se asian countries> If they think ur the white devil and carry the virus even thou last week u weren't...so be it.

WE have all been refused something or overcharged at one time or another for being "white"...

if you allow the locals bs to get to ya, time to leave
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
aconsultantabroad
Tourist

This place is a ten minute walk from my place - when i can walk - and i did consider maybe they just expected more cash and that i come everyday, and twice i got treatment that set me back and i might come more frequently. My landlord is a police and called them and then changed their tune and tried to give an excuse that all their "doctors" are - they are open even today - away and helping to treat covid at hospitals! Complete bullshit. They are physiotherapists! What jokers! Christ i am glad i dont go there anymore.
aconsultantabroad
Tourist

Richard i would like to walk again and they had already helped me to start to be able to do so, would you not be bothered your rehabilitation was thus thwarted? Some say so but that only five times to me in eight years. But your right, time to go likely. Just they god damn well better not use my picture to promote themselves. So heads up to all of you. Cheers, last i will comment. Good luck everyone.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Tons of little mom and pop hardware stores and so on had "no foreigners" signs outside their shops a year ago when Covid first started. Annoying as hell, but just name and shame, don't give them your money anymore and go elsewhere. If it makes you feel better (it usually does for me), you can leave a shitty review on Google Maps or something.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i hope you got your wedding rings back
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Ok, Alpha Clinic. Noted.

You should try Physiotherapy Phnom Penh. Run by a Dutch guy with Dutch PT's. Very professional, competent and qualified.

I wouldn't let a local anyway near me on matters medical.

http://www.physiotherapy-phnompenh.com/welcome
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic