Best place to buy TV in Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
velvet_thunder
Expatriate

Re: Best place to buy TV in Phnom Penh

Post by velvet_thunder »

TLC brand is a good alternative offering great value for a Smart TV, and can be found in PP. Worth to have a look at least
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

HappyChappy wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:37 pm I'm about to spend $380 on a 55" smart samsung TV..... Is there a better store out there???

I've never bought anything like this in PP, I thought best to ask id that's a s**t deal :salut:
Go to K-Four at Sorya Mall (or Monivong if you want to avoid malls at the moment) and price it up there. If the price there is significantly higher, you should be very cautious.

Definitely examine the box and open it all up. If they are reluctant to allow a full inspection, walk away.

Most places will want to open up an appliance to check it anyway, to prevent people making fake complaints later (or the old switcheroo).
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

About two and a half years ago I purchased a large TV at K-4 and indeed everything was taken out of the large sealed box to show me that everything was as it was supposed to be and all present and correct. Then carefully repacked in front of me and the original carton then resealed. However, the one thing that surprised me for a large shop selling many TVs was that they did not have facilities for showing me the TV actually plugged in and working over each of the various channels. So I took it trusting in the good name and reputation of K-Four by tuk tuk to an old lady's house at Chroy Village, Champa Commune, Prey Kombas District, Takeo Province circa 70 km from Phnom Penh.

On arrival I had to set the TV up using the pictorial guide - which worked fine - then I had to go through the TV set up procedure guide format having selected "English" and in just a couple of minutes this large screen TV had become the village "Cinema".

One of the reasons I bought from K-Four was that in the event of problems I had a major retailer who would honour the warranty. If I had simply gone looking for the very cheapest price in some market or other there is a distinct probability that there would not have been a valid shop purchase receipt and that the vendor would not want to know me if I came back with a problem. Some times it is worth paying a dollar or two more for peace of mind.

That TV has hardly been off during the past several years and is working beautifully.

Just a personal experience.

OML
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Around Central Market has a good range and look at them all for 'run-out' sales.

And I would not bother with a 'smart tv' as the vendors apps get out of date and can be a hassle - get the best screen quality 'dumb' tv and add a firestick or chromecast
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic