Harry's Bringing Back His Crazy 5$ Food Specials!!!

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Harry's Bringing Back His Crazy 5$ Food Specials!!!

Post by timmydownawell »

Rossco180 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:21 pm i got to say these meal are just huge!!!
Shush!!!!!!! Or they'll suddenly get smaller.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

pissontheroof wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:02 pm
KTabi wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:51 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:45 am
KTabi wrote:
John Bingham wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:41 am I've never tried any myself for some odd reason but any of the pizza places with funny names usually do this sort of thing. If you ask in Brooklyn or Luigi's you'll probably get asked to leave.
I assume Brooklyn and Luigi's is the best in town for pizza then, thanks. I ought to visit them instead of the cracker crust ganja pizza places lol
For best value pizza go on the Dominos Pizza website, they got some cracking online deals, it almost feels criminal lol Image this the deal i been getting recently....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WOW damn, I didn't know chains like that were there and that price is fucking great. I would be paying 40 dollars where I live.
They have dominoes here 2 for 1 on tuesday ,still $16.99 I do it sometimes to give one away , and because i got money to burn 🔥
but definitely not worth it , can get a real good pizza for $16 , much better than the skimpy 2 from domino’s in my opinion
that works out $8.50 a pizza which isnt that bad

order online and you can get 4x 9" pizzas for $19.98 delivered to your door for free, any day of the week
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i had the Thursday special Chicken Parmesan, great feed, Chicken Parmesan, spaghetti, vegetables and side salad $6
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PrestonLiu wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:14 am
Doc67 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:49 am And all in proper air conditioning with zero Chinese customers.
Only ignorant people celebrate racial segregation in restaurants
And people who know where the COVID-19 cluster lives and is still spreading from.

Get over it - it is the fault of ignorant cheating CHINESE citizens that we are now going though this shit and thousands of Khmer are being thrown out of work without any social security safety net.

[Admin Edit: Come on, tone it down guys.]
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:46 pm i had the Thursday special Chicken Parmesan, great feed, Chicken Parmesan, spaghetti, vegetables and side salad $6
Fuck man, pizza, chicken parm, spaghetti, chicken wings........We better change your handle to Fattie Lambo

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Brody wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:59 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:46 pm i had the Thursday special Chicken Parmesan, great feed, Chicken Parmesan, spaghetti, vegetables and side salad $6
Fuck man, pizza, chicken parm, spaghetti, chicken wings........We better change your handle to Fattie Lambo

Nooo, that got to feed him and at least two other 'takeaways' he's got holed (sic) up in his love cave...
PrestonLiu
Tourist
Singapore

Post by PrestonLiu »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:55 pm

And people who know where the COVID-19 cluster lives and is still spreading from.

Get over it - it is the fault of ignorant cheating CHINESE citizens that we are now going though this shit and thousands of Khmer are being thrown out of work without any social security safety net.

Go fuck yourself.
Please don’t use vulgar language like that.

Yes four Chinese prostitutes broke the rules. That is not a reason to speak poorly of Chinese generally. It was a Cambodian who took money to let foreigners out of quarantine. That does not happen in China or Singapore.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

PrestonLiu wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:04 pm
Doc67 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:55 pm

Go fuck yourself.
Please don’t use vulgar language like that.

Yes four Chinese prostitutes broke the rules. That is not a reason to speak poorly of Chinese generally. It was a Cambodian who took money to let foreigners out of quarantine. That does not happen in China or Singapore.
I'd agree with you in general. However there are Chinese sneaking in over the borders daily, and along with the kidnapping, extortion, scams, trafficking and murders committed by Chinese mainlanders here regularly you won't find a whole lot of sympathy for them here.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
PrestonLiu
Tourist
Singapore

Post by PrestonLiu »

It’s like saying I don’t want blacks in my restaurant in America because some are criminals. It is racist.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Yeah, profiling happens for a reason. If you were Irish catholic during The Troubles you'd be eyed, if you were middle eastern after 9/11 people gave you suspicious looks. Same happening now. Not saying it's right or wrong, but it's a human instinct. A lot of rough mainland Chinese around Cambodia giving a bad reputation to the rest (just like the westerners hanging out at Golden Sorya give the rest of us a bad rep). But this most recent event is the cream of the crop: it literally puts everyone at risk for a brief, selfish moment for the rich guy flying them in and the ladies themselves. Also plenty of evidence in the prior months of many Chinese flouting the quarantine rules in hotels (as reported by other guests who were present). This event will stick in people's memories, even though a high up Cambodian was most likely involved (the unnamed guy who had obviously been dealing with the Chinese and tested positive because he wanted to go abroad and triggered knowledge of the whole thing).

Last edited by Bitte_Kein_Lexus on Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic