Harry's Bringing Back His Crazy 5$ Food Specials!!!

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Harry's Bringing Back His Crazy 5$ Food Specials!!!

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

mouytiet wrote:
Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:55 am
mouytiet wrote:And they do a good burger and chips $2.50, Sinan does a fine burger and chips $2.50, 50c beers.
I can't imagine a "good burger" that costs $2.5. The beef alone would cost that.
Sinan is proper ground beef, light mustard,cheese, have an amazing aray of fresh clean foods basically all 10,000 R, one of best places in town.
I've actually been to Sinan before come to think about it, but only ever had Khmer food. Or did they used to have chicken cordon bleu? But even that was like $6-8 fr memory (years ago). I personally find burgers in those sort of Khmer places really lackluster. There's no way to make something that would rival a good burger at that price without resorting to cheap bread, pork, standard condiments and so on. I prefer to pay a bit more for a nice burger, but it's definitely possible to get a delicious cha mnoa at that price range.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
PrestonLiu
Tourist
Singapore

Post by PrestonLiu »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:49 am And all in proper air conditioning with zero Chinese customers.
Only ignorant people celebrate racial segregation in restaurants
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

PrestonLiu wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:14 am
Doc67 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:49 am And all in proper air conditioning with zero Chinese customers.
Only ignorant people celebrate racial segregation in restaurants
I wish to clarify that I'd not meant anything like it was nice because of lack of Chinese, lest I be misunderstood.
:thumb:
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

chinese are never racist at all

monstra mihi bona!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:54 pm
Bongmab69 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:02 pm Craft beers in my opinion are just a hype, if you want a really good stronger beer, just go to Duplex, on 278, he has a very big collection of good belgian strong beers, probably more then 100, to big to choose if you dont know your way out in belgian beers !! He took over Chinese house on the north-riverside also 15 months ago, but i dont know its still open !! My prefered is Kasteelbier, give it a try, several different tastes, try the dark-one, its 11% !! Ones tried thatone, you knever want a craft-beer !! Larrys on 110 used to have it also !! It want be cheap, but if it should be cheap, stay to Anchors at Harrys from the tap !!
In the UK we call it "real ale" beer that has no co2 straight from the barrel and not too many chemicals, craft beer is just a modern term. A good beer is not judged on how strong it is, some of the finest British ales such as Youngs, Fullers, Green King, Marstons are in the 4-5 range.
yeah innit haha "craft beer" is what fucking middle class millennial hipsters call it
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
PrestonLiu
Tourist
Singapore

Post by PrestonLiu »

Phnom Poon wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:23 am chinese are never racist at all
Some Chinese are racist. Most educated Chinese are not.

It’s the same with Westerners. The low class ones tend to hate Chinese.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

KTabi wrote:
John Bingham wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:41 am I've never tried any myself for some odd reason but any of the pizza places with funny names usually do this sort of thing. If you ask in Brooklyn or Luigi's you'll probably get asked to leave.
I assume Brooklyn and Luigi's is the best in town for pizza then, thanks. I ought to visit them instead of the cracker crust ganja pizza places lol
For best value pizza go on the Dominos Pizza website, they got some cracking online deals, it almost feels criminal lol Image this the deal i been getting recently....

https://www.dominos.com.kh/en/index
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:45 am
KTabi wrote:
John Bingham wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:41 am I've never tried any myself for some odd reason but any of the pizza places with funny names usually do this sort of thing. If you ask in Brooklyn or Luigi's you'll probably get asked to leave.
I assume Brooklyn and Luigi's is the best in town for pizza then, thanks. I ought to visit them instead of the cracker crust ganja pizza places lol
For best value pizza go on the Dominos Pizza website, they got some cracking online deals, it almost feels criminal lol Image this the deal i been getting recently....

WOW damn, I didn't know chains like that were there and that price is fucking great. I would be paying 40 dollars where I live.
:thumb:
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

KTabi wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:51 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:45 am
KTabi wrote:

WOW damn, I didn't know chains like that were there and that price is fucking great. I would be paying 40 dollars where I live.
They have dominoes here 2 for 1 on tuesday ,still $16.99 I do it sometimes to give one away , and because i got money to burn 🔥
but definitely not worth it , can get a real good pizza for $16 , much better than the skimpy 2 from domino’s in my opinion
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Rossco180
Expatriate
France

Post by Rossco180 »

i got to say these meal are just huge!!! and for only $5 with a drink, wow!!

Chilli Con-Carne & and Chicken Cordon Bleud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic