English Teaching in Cambodia in 2021 (visas, employment)?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

English Teaching in Cambodia in 2021 (visas, employment)?

Post by KTabi »

Hello, things seem to change a lot these days of course. I was curious if anyone knew things about were or had anecdotes about things as they stand regarding any or all of the following:

1) Obtaining an extended stay visa with covid restrictions easily
2) Employment situation in PP currently
3) Charities still operating during covid and accepting volunteers, and if they can be supporting documents for an extended stay visa
4) Contract lengths for teaching being less than a year
5) Adult-oriented education instead of just children's english education
6) Schools with good or bad reputations
7) Minimum document and education requirements for seeking teaching employment
8 ) Any things people seeking employment in Cambodia should keep in mind

Thanks for any input or info, anything at all is greatly appreciated. By summer I should have CELTA completed.
:thumb:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: English Teaching in Cambodia in 2021 (visas, employment)?

Post by John Bingham »

KTabi wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:07 am By summer I should have CELTA completed.
I'm not sure when summer is in the tropics but you should probably check back here then, as in a bit later. The situation is looking quite dire at the moment and I wouldn't advise anyone without previous experience here to come. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Re: English Teaching in Cambodia in 2021 (visas, employment)?

Post by KTabi »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:33 am
KTabi wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:07 am By summer I should have CELTA completed.
I'm not sure when summer is in the tropics but you should probably check back here then, as in a bit later. The situation is looking quite dire at the moment and I wouldn't advise anyone without previous experience here to come. 8)
Obviously man closures and all now and difficult times at the moment, but come 3-6 months from now I wonder how the situation will change and if I decided to apply in that time I do hope I could find someone to give some additional perspectives and information on how things have been going on those items. My first step I suppose is contacting the nearest embassy/consulate because I have been told justification needed varies quite a lot. I am vaccinated with a high efficacy vaccine and have quite a bit of money saved to wait things out.

Oh and of course, I've been to Cambodia before.
:thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic