Phnom Penh bars forced to close, arrests made

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Phnom Penh bars forced to close, arrests made

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

i think a girl from a bar down 104 tested positive for Covid, and thats whats caused the closures
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

Jamie_Lambo wrote:i think a girl from a bar down 104 tested positive for Covid, and thats whats caused the closures
Possibly a rumour. Their standard response to a positive case would be to quarantine everyone else in the bar and get everyone around that small area tested. I don’t think either of those things happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
magicmike
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by magicmike »

Have any other bars or establishments been asked to close besides the ones on 104, 118, 130 and 136 or does covid only exist in these places ?
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

magicmike wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:43 pm Have any other bars or establishments been asked to close besides the ones on 104, 118, 130 and 136 or does covid only exist in these places ?
I heard 172 is as usual tonight, how true i dont know i am not there.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:32 pm i think a girl from a bar down 104 tested positive for Covid, and thats whats caused the closures
I guess it's not just the usual host of fun souvenirs from the bar these days.
:thumb:
magicmike
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by magicmike »

Police have been down 172 a couple of hours ago telling bars to close.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

magicmike wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:30 pm Police have been down 172 a couple of hours ago telling bars to close.
Wow, what is the rumour mill saying on how long this may go on?
:thumb:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:17 pm
armchairlawyer wrote:I hear that on 104, after sealing off the street, the cops stopped the girls from going inside their bars and then videod them. But they let them cover their faces. When that was done, the girls went inside where they remained until the coast was clear. Police did not go inside the bars, except for one, maybe Bunny, which got the full raid treatment including girls taken away.
Apparently Owner of blue bird bar 130 rumoured to have been arrested for some reason

Other bar owners ive spoke to said police didn’t go in/have to sign anything but got told if they open before they say they will get “big trouble”

Street 136 and 104 were apparently forced to sign papers saying they will remain closed, bars on 130/118 i think just got verbally told

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I heard a rumour that they just didn't bring enough forms with them...
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

KTabi wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:43 pm
magicmike wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:30 pm Police have been down 172 a couple of hours ago telling bars to close.
Rumour has it that the mill is on overtime and will be busy for a quite a while.
magicmike
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by magicmike »

KTabi wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:43 pm
Until further notice, no time frame given. Although if your a restaurant your allowed to stay open
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic