Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

covid
85 deaths TOTAL
vs
road deaths
This year so far, 3,147 people have died in road accidents in Thailand. That is an average of 46.97 deaths per day. 80.83% were males, 36.52% were aged between 36 and 60, and 80% were motorcyclists.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:36 pm covid
85 deaths TOTAL
vs
road deaths
This year so far, 3,147 people have died in road accidents in Thailand. That is an average of 46.97 deaths per day. 80.83% were males, 36.52% were aged between 36 and 60, and 80% were motorcyclists.
I don't get what your point is here.

The covid deaths were in context of border closures and lockdowns, social distancing, mask wearing, handwashing initiatives et al

Without those covid restrictions and measures such that there was a 'let her rip' approach, the numbers of deaths would have been a lot higher.. No one can say what the numbers would've been but you've only got to look at countries like Brazil that were very lax and see what can happen for instance.

Were there any or minimal restrictions to road travel (bearing in mind that most people stay in their immediate locale anyway for most of the time)?
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:04 pm
85 deaths TOTAL
vs
road deaths

The covid deaths were in context of border closures and lockdowns, social distancing, mask wearing, handwashing initiatives et al

Without those covid restrictions and measures such that there was a 'let her rip' approach, the numbers of deaths would have been a lot higher.. No one can say what the numbers would've been but you've only got to look at countries like Brazil that were very lax and see what can happen for instance.

Were there any or minimal restrictions to road travel (bearing in mind that most people stay in their immediate locale anyway for most of the time)?
I don't really see the point of this news bot just copying and pasting Richard Barrow, the Phuket News, the Bangkok Post etc etc.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Not trying to make a point, just a plain fact.
I don't really see the point of this news bot just copying and pasting Richard Barrow, the Phuket News, the Bangkok Post etc etc.
and the point of CEOCambodiaNews?
all they do is repost news items from khmer publications

look , you dont want read my posts, put me on ignore :stir:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:28 am although this is good news this really concerns me.

"........Vaccinations must be administered within three months of the travel period"
so if u get ur shot now, you have 3 months to get to Thailand ( shot in March, must arrive before end of june)
so are they looking at it that the vaccine is only good for 3 months??
PLUS you still need the covid negative test, and with JUST that test you save 4 days in quarantine.
no, its the vaccine that only saves you 4days, you need the test regardless of staying 7 days or 10
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

clutchcargo wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:04 pm
85 deaths TOTAL
vs
road deaths
tbh last year i used to use a similar comparison, when we was under lockdown in England yet i was still going to work everyday etc,
and people used to say to me about the risks of catching covid, and i used to say...
i know the risks of covid, but the chances of me catching covid and dying from it, im statistically more likely to have a fatal road accident on my way to work than i am dying of covid, i know these risks yet i still get in my car everyday, why would i be scared of covid (if following standard practice to prevent spreading)
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

85 deaths TOTAL
vs
road deaths
Yes and how many are just injured taking up hospital beds? the sums between covid and road accident are way different and so is the government response.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Clutch/ Cowboy: Please no reason to read further. Thanks

The Thai government has agreed to reduce mandatory quarantine
for certain categories of arrivals from overseas. The national committee on communicable diseases, which falls under the umbrella of the Public Health Ministry, has approved the measure based on the fact that a global vaccination drive is leading to a gradual reduction in case numbers.

According to a Nation Thailand report, the following categories of international arrivals are included in the reduced quarantine, which varies from 7 to 10 days:

Foreigners with a valid Covid-19 vaccination certificate that is no more than 3 months old and no less than 14 days old, in possession of a negative Covid test result: 7 days’ quarantine
Repatriating Thai nationals who have a valid Covid-19 vaccination certificate no more than 3 months old and no less than 14 days old but who do not have a negative Covid test result: 7 days’ quarantine
Foreigners who have a negative Covid test result but no vaccination certificate: 10 days’ quarantine
Reduced quarantine will not apply to travellers from any part of Africa
https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/redu ... n-arrivals
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

If you travel to thailand twice a year you'll need two covid vaccines? This can't be right, or thailand government thinks the vaccine doesn't last to long eg more than 3 months.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

atst wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:34 am If you travel to thailand twice a year you'll need two covid vaccines? This can't be right, or thailand government thinks the vaccine doesn't last to long eg more than 3 months.
thats what i asked before on the 9th

"........Vaccinations must be administered within three months of the travel period"
so if u get ur shot now, you have 3 months to get to Thailand ( shot in March, must arrive before end of june)
so are they looking at it that the vaccine is only good for 3 months??"
weird huh, as NOwhere else have i seen this
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic