Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by KTabi »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:08 am Copyright: @Brody
lol
:thumb:
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle announced they’re taking a “step back” from the royal family

Post by Alex »

Their inane attention whoring really makes me want to vomit.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

KTabi wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:19 am
lol
I josh you not; don't go using it without explicit credit or permission!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Ozzie MP slammed for ‘essentially saying that Meghan Markle is a gold digger’ :ROFL:

Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

ImageImageImageImage

KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:03 pm
KTabi wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:19 am
lol
I josh you not; don't go using it without explicit credit or permission!
Aye aye, Doc
:thumb:
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Why are people going along with the make-believe that these people are somehow different and special people ? They're like the value of money. Harry only has relevance and value because most people are happy to go along with the make-believe that he does, based purely on an the complete and utter random accident of his birth. As with the rest of the royal family. Similarly, if we removed the faith that people have in Harry that the accident of his birth affords him a privileged and status denied to the rest of us, Meghan would still be a struggling B-list actress struggling to earn a living like everyone else.

It's beyond bizarre when you think about it. In a parallel universe, Harry would be working nights in a bakery, struggling to get the money together for his sick mothers long-awaited hip operation, occasionally taking recreational drugs at the weekend to relieve the stress of his rent arrears.

Not only do I neither like nor dislike them, but I couldn't care less whether I like or dislike them. They bear no relevance to my life whatsoever. The only thing I find fascinating, truly fascinating about the whole saga, is their existence in the wider context of people's belief in them somehow being different and special.

Us humans really are a very odd species sometimes.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

A longish read about the saga..

How Meghan blew up the Queen’s ‘never complain, never explain’ rule

ImageIn happier times..

The royal mantra of “never complain and never explain” has worked pretty well for the Queen during her 68-year reign. Its simple principle is that the monarchy functions best when its inner workings are kept from the masses. The golden rule for survival was first adopted by the Queen Mother and has been passed all the way through to the new generation of royals led by Prince William.

But it seems that Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, never got the memo. Or if they did, the couple opted to throw it out a window at their $19.3 million nine-bedroom, 16-bathroom home in Montecito, California.

Their decision to talk to American talk show host Oprah Winfrey was a deliberate challenge to the household’s preference for drama to play out behind closed doors. The very private is now very public and all sides will struggle to put this genie back in the bottle.

“What they have done is a real betrayal,” says royal biographer Penny Junor. “I just don’t understand why they spoke to Oprah, I really don’t. They have lobbed this grenade into everything that Harry has known.

“This was a mistake and Harry will regret it. He may be angry at the moment and he may be fine for Meghan to do a bit of bloodletting, but ultimately this is his family and his father and brother’s futures. And he has attempted to sabotage that.”

Full: https://www.theage.com.au/world/europe/ ... 5798k.html
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic