SCAM ALERT!! For those who's looking for job in Phnom Penh, beware of this guy.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
YMYMYM
Tourist
Indonesia

Re: SCAM ALERT!! For those who's looking for job in Phnom Penh, beware of this guy.

Post by YMYMYM »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:38 pm OP @YMYMYM

You claim this man has not paid you your salary.

Do you have evidence or information to support your claim that shows he owes you money?
I have screenshots of my communications with him via whatsapp. I will upload those here for people to see if he owes me money or not.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: SCAM ALERT!! For those who's looking for job in Phnom Penh, beware of this guy.

Post by Jerry Atrick »

ClaudeBain wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:06 pm She posted screen shots on TOF where he is giving weasel excuses by text for not paying her.

Her evidence of scamming is no worse than that against Jewsbury, Whitlow, Scallan, the late Shitty Plaits, etc.
Yeah, he's obviously a scumbag. Fucking brizzies, Eh?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:14 pm until some actual evidence of some sort is posted on this forum ive temporarily removed his name and pictures, i will re-add them once some evidence has been provided
Well done. We don't want to become a sewer like TOF
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

YMYMYM wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:15 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:38 pm OP @YMYMYM

You claim this man has not paid you your salary.

Do you have evidence or information to support your claim that shows he owes you money?
I have screenshots of my communications with him via whatsapp. I will upload those here for people to see if he owes me money or not.
Are you happy to be named and your picture published?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:21 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:14 pm until some actual evidence of some sort is posted on this forum ive temporarily removed his name and pictures, i will re-add them once some evidence has been provided
Well done. We don't want to become a sewer like TOF
Yes, this is a bastion of purity and goodness. :facepalm:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
YMYMYM
Tourist
Indonesia

Post by YMYMYM »

ClaudeBain wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:06 pm She posted screen shots on TOF where he is giving weasel excuses by text for not paying her.

Her evidence of scamming is no worse than that against Jewsbury, Whitlow, Scallan, the late Shitty Plaits, etc.
Sorry if that does not satisfy you. But please give me enlightenment, What kind of evidence do you want to see? If you get scam by people, what kind of evidence would you give? because I think the screenshots will tell that he owes me money and I've tried to resolve my situation, I gave my efforts and what was his response.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Sounds like Doc knows the guy in question...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

YMYMYM wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:02 pm

Sorry if that does not satisfy you. But please give me enlightenment, What kind of evidence do you want to see? If you get scam by people, what kind of evidence would you give? because I think the screenshots will tell that he owes me money and I've tried to resolve my situation, I gave my efforts and what was his response.
Here are your screenshots uploaded for you, and I'll also add them to your first post to add more context to it:

ImageImage
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:07 pm Sounds like Doc knows the guy in question...
I don’t, but my viewpoint is largely the same.

The initial post is a bit rambling, and long winded. There is purportedly evidence, now, being proposed by a second person.
That evidence hadn’t been provided at all, when surely it should be very easy.

The only evidence provided initially were-
A few photos which demonstrate nothing nor prove any dishonesty.
2 unrelated news articles that name the subject, one of which is from a very long time before (appears to be an archive of old news), one regarding a failed business.
And
2 news articles relating to something completely different (I only skim read, but saw no reference to the named person at all)

But the Damning evidence has only now been presented. Not really the best way to establish any credibility.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

is the poster foreign or local?
i dont understand how foreigners move to a country like cambodia to work (where the salaries are barely enough to scrape by) and not have at least some sort of savings as a safety net for rent and food,

btw not making excuses regarding employers not paying staff, id be equally pissed off, and unfortunately its something ive heard numerous times here before
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic